Happy Father's Day...

CT4ME

Wow.  So hot. 

Eddie...I see only one guy has figured out so far at PilotsOfAmerica what could have saved the Cirrus female pilot and her passengers.  She should have said she wanted 12R or 12L or left the area landing elsewhere where she could get a correct runway for her skills.  Note. ATC did eventually switch but too late for her...it was her job to figure the winds and request the runway.  Yes it's Monday morning quarterbacking but it's analyzing the mistakes of others in order to avoid them yourself.

Also, two weeks ago at KRNO I was given a very short notice change on my downwind approach to 16R and got a clearance change to make a short base to final to land on 7.   To make that happen I was both high and short and had to cut power entirely and dive at the runway to make it - that runway is also shorter but still long enough for the Cirrus.  So those who think even the SR22T can't chop and drop are mistaken and are being misled by whatever they are 'reading' regarding the handling of a Cirrus.

Wow.  So hot. 

Eddie...I see only one guy has figured out so far at PilotsOfAmerica what could have saved the Cirrus female pilot and her passengers.  She should have said she wanted 12R or 12L or left the area landing elsewhere where she could get a correct runway for her skills.  Note. ATC did eventually switch but too late for her...it was her job to figure the winds and request the runway.  Yes it's Monday morning quarterbacking but it's analyzing the mistakes of others in order to avoid them yourself.

Also, two weeks ago at KRNO I was given a very short notice change on my downwind approach to 12R and got a clearance change to make a short base to final to land on 7.   To make that happen I was both high and short and had to cut power entirely and dive at the runway to make it - that runway is also shorter but still long enough for the Cirrus.  So those who think even the SR22T can't chop and drop are mistaken and are being misled by whatever they are 'reading' regarding the handling of a Cirrus.

And I got a cool Father's Day gift from da wife:

27708869671_296fd79955_z.jpg

And cookies from my daughter!

Life is good!

And I got a cool Father's Day gift from da wife:

27708869671_296fd79955_z.jpg

And cookies from my daughter!

Life is good!

And my kids reported their lives are zooming along in great jobs, good health, new homes and exciting plans for their futures despite the crap happening in the country today....the best gift any dad could have...

Archived