Traffic With Updated Skyview Software

andyb

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I began seeing my plane on the ADSB traffic.  That lead to a bit of an odyssey.  First, I got approval from FDUSA to update my Skyview software to 14.  Still saw my plane on the traffic.  Then learned I needed to re-set the transponder so that SID/SDA was at "1".  Still was seeing myself.  Then, I discovered that while I had installed the new Skyview software, which had the new transponder software in it, the transponder software update had to be installed separately.  Finally, I'm not seeing myself.

At the same time, it now seems that even when I'm receiving an ADSB traffic signal, at times the traffic indicators themselves go off, then come back on.  Also, although I'm not certain about this, it seems that more frequently I'm not getting any ADSB traffic signal at all.  I'm wondering whether there are some kind of filters used to block out my plane on the traffic display, and somehow they're overzealous and blocking other traffic as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much,

Andy

Andyb

Not familiar with your previous thread.

Do you have both ASDS-B in and out?

If you've installed the out it needs to be checked by the FAA's Compliance Monitor. Your avionics shop, if used, knows this.

It's an inflight check of the ADS-B "Out". You'll then get a report that all is working properly or that it is not and needs attention.

If you have installed the "IN" only, then disregard the above.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I began seeing my plane on the ADSB traffic.  That lead to a bit of an odyssey.  First, I got approval from FDUSA to update my Skyview software to 14.  Still saw my plane on the traffic.  Then learned I needed to re-set the transponder so that SID/SDA was at "1".  Still was seeing myself.  Then, I discovered that while I had installed the new Skyview software, which had the new transponder software in it, the transponder software update had to be installed separately.  Finally, I'm not seeing myself.

At the same time, it now seems that even when I'm receiving an ADSB traffic signal, at times the traffic indicators themselves go off, then come back on.  Also, although I'm not certain about this, it seems that more frequently I'm not getting any ADSB traffic signal at all.  I'm wondering whether there are some kind of filters used to block out my plane on the traffic display, and somehow they're overzealous and blocking other traffic as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much,

Andy

Your plane ghosted in ADS-B is not unusual.  Many get that effect. 

Not sure...what's the 2020 antenna?

My ADSB transponder was installed by Airtime when I purchased the plane.

The Dynon GPS-2020 antenna.  Its a drop-in for the old one and when added to an SV-261, and v14, is all you need to be ADS-B out compliant.  I've never had the ghosting of my plane but I did on my last flight seem to have a ghosting of another plane (meaning it looked like two planes on top of each other with slightly different trajectory arrows).   Will see what happens on the next flight. 

Archived