Flight Design struggling back...

CT4ME

I got an earful from a Pipstrel salesman at OSH this week.  I told him that if the most successful LSA manufacturer can go belly-up, then it can happen to anyone. 

It's been almost 5 years from my last rubber change, and this is the first cross-country that I didn't have a fuel and/or oil leak. Just in time to tear everything apart again.

• 5 months later...

I was at Sebring yesterday and stopped by the CTLSi display and asked Chris if Tom P. was attending.  Chris said no, this is an Aero Jones booth, not FD USA.  I asked then what role FD USA would play in the future and what would happen to Tom P.  He said FD USA would still be around and selling aircraft from the Ukraine and that Aero Jones would be selling aircraft they manufacturer and providing parts.

I find this quite confusing and walked away wondering if he knew what he was talking about.  You know the old joke - "How do you know when a sales rep is lying?  His lips are moving."  I've received terrific support from Tom P. and FD USA and hope he isn't getting hung out to dry.

I was at Sebring yesterday and stopped by the CTLSi display and asked Chris if Tom P. was attending.  Chris said no, this is an Aero Jones booth, not FD USA.  I asked then what role FD USA would play in the future and what would happen to Tom P.  He said FD USA would still be around and selling aircraft from the Ukraine and that Aero Jones would be selling aircraft they manufacturer and providing parts.

I find this quite confusing and walked away wondering if he knew what he was talking about.  You know the old joke - "How do you know when a sales rep is lying?  His lips are moving."  I've received terrific support from Tom P. and FD USA and hope he isn't getting hung out to dry.

I do not think the problem is with Tom, or John. I think the problem is mainly between AeroJones and Flight Design. Tom is in the middle, and has good relations with both companies. He is in a difficult position and trying to make the best of it. My opinion. If the dispute gets settled he would not have alienated either side. I know Tom Peghiny  (Flight Design USA) and John Hurst (COO, AeroJones America) are good friends , are in contact with each other frequently and are trying to make the best of a difficult situation. I'll be going to Sebring on Saturday.

Cheers

Archived