Airspeed error on the Skyview

cgrbu

Hello...I have just purchased a CTLS with the 10" Dynon Skyview screens. The last flight with suspected pitot tube mud-wasp debris (which was cleaned out to the best of our ability) gave airspeed errors. Increased actual speed (GPS) indicated a decreasing speed on PFD and vice-versa. I believe AOA system display in error as well. Subsequent warning messages of : ADAHRS CROSS CHK ERR, GPS ASSIST and BATTERY TEST NEEDED (white) came up on PFD. If the pitot system is cleaned out (did not blow out system from wing root to pitot) would there need to be a system reset or any other steps taken to return system to normal? Also, is it possible that the ADAHRS modules are contaminated with debris if nothing in the pitot tubing system? Could they be cleaned? Is there a way to check the modules functionality for proper working order? The last msg of BATTERY TEST NEEDED, I presume is for the Dynons and not the main aircraft battery? (the main aircraft battery did need a boost to start). Thanks in advance to any thoughts on this.

Hello...I have just purchased a CTLS with the 10" Dynon Skyview screens. The last flight with suspected pitot tube mud-wasp debris (which was cleaned out to the best of our ability) gave airspeed errors. Increased actual speed (GPS) indicated a decreasing speed on PFD and vice-versa. I believe AOA system display in error as well. Subsequent warning messages of : ADAHRS CROSS CHK ERR, GPS ASSIST and BATTERY TEST NEEDED (white) came up on PFD. If the pitot system is cleaned out (did not blow out system from wing root to pitot) would there need to be a system reset or any other steps taken to return system to normal? Also, is it possible that the ADAHRS modules are contaminated with debris if nothing in the pitot tubing system? Could they be cleaned? Is there a way to check the modules functionality for proper working order? The last msg of BATTERY TEST NEEDED, I presume is for the Dynons and not the main aircraft battery? (the main aircraft battery did need a boost to start). Thanks in advance to any thoughts on this.

If you had mud in the pitot tube then you will need to clean it with soap, water and high pressure air...the small hole in the cone of the tip is for AOA.  If that is blocked the AOA will not read right.  You may also have crap in the lines too.

If you had mud in the pitot tube then you will need to clean it with soap, water and high pressure air...the small hole in the cone of the tip is for AOA.  If that is blocked the AOA will not read right.  You may also have crap in the lines too.

Make sure you know what you are doing, or have someone who does do it for you. High pressure air done the wrong way will do lots of damage.

the Maintenance manual says

9.4.3 Procedure

At every 100 hrs inspection inspect the system for obstruction as follows.

Take the Pitot tube C9997455Q (Pitot tube) out of the wing (Fig. 1), clean it (remove insect, debris and so

on) using a stick.

BUT,, CGRBU pitot is stuck in the wing .(we spoke) ..is there a way to get it out (twisting ? , pulling hard?, else ? )

thanks

Archived