Here is the one for the 4.00-6  mains:

http://www.desser.com/Aircraft-Tires-and-Tubes/400-6-6-PLY.asp

and here is the one for the 4.00-4  8 ply front: This is the only one from Desser that will fit. The 3.50 tire is too small to fit the wheel

http://www.desser.com/Aircraft-Tires-and-Tubes/400-4-8-PLY.asp

The 3.50x4 will fit the wheel just fine. Both the 3.50x4 and the 4.00x4 are designed to fit on a 4"rim. The issue is that the overall outside diameter of the tire is smaller. I have installed one before, but it just doesn't look right to me, The smaller size makes it a poor choice, especially if you are on a rough runway surface.

I am waiting on a new heavier nose wheel from Matco. Using 4.00-4-8ply from Dresser. 6ply could not be found. Is there any way to use a tow bar on my 2006 CTSW? The fairing screws to axle are about 1/4". Not suitable for tow bar. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks Oliver

I setup 4-5 CT's years ago with towbars. Just get some longer bolts and use some metal bushings that stick out approximately 3/4". Put a large 1" washer between the axle and the plastic on the inside of the wheel fairing and another one on the outside of the plastic fairing under the new bushing. It works just fine. We used a Cessna towbar which was about $30 from Aircraft Spruce. The bushing, washers and new longer bolt can be had at Ace Aviation. (Ace Hardware)

I usually push down the tail, but some can't do that well or have to pull back on an incline. The tow bar allows you to push back with a hand at the base of the prop at the spinners edge and just steer.

I am waiting on a new heavier nose wheel from Matco. Using 4.00-4-8ply from Dresser. 6ply could not be found. Is there any way to use a tow bar on my 2006 CTSW? The fairing screws to axle are about 1/4". Not suitable for tow bar. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks Oliver

4 years ago, I have ordered the 4.00-4-8ply from Dresser. for my CTSW 2007. the gap between the tire and the folk was less than a mm. After several flights, a small stone managed to be stuck between the wheel and the fork, damaging the tire witch finally explode on the taxiway. since then, I'm using 4.4 6ply from Aeroclassic: no more issues...

There have only been a couple of CT's that could not handle the clearance on the front nose fork with an 8 ply. I never understood why FD would MFG the nose for that way with such minimal clearance to start with. 

You can take a look up under the fork where the pipe part is welded into the fork itself. You are allowed to grind down any pipe protrusion down to the weld, but not into the weld. I have done this before and works just fine if you are one that needed that small extra clearance.

Pushing down at the hub or pulling is fine.Any slope into a hangar shouldn't be that sever that it would cause any excess pressure issues. My hangar has a slope so coming out is easy, but  up hill going back in. 

I push on the tail to rotate my plane and get it lined up to push backwards into the hangar.  Then, I push on the rear of the door frame with one hand and and push on the pedals with the other to steer where I want to go back into the hangar.

Archived