kick plate for right seat (passenger side) rudder peddle of CTLS

Towealth

I saw a 2012 CTLS that had an aluminum hinged  plate that slid under the rudder peddles on passenger side.  It was awesome when it was folded over the peddles provided a comfortable foot rest.  It could be folded back allowing use of the rudder peddles from the right seat.  I would really appreciate any help finding where I can acquire this.  I have a 2009 CTLS that I believe is the same as the 2012 on the peddle assembly. Attached is a photo of what I saw.

post-1524-0-93950100-1471191642_thumb.jpg

I have one for the passenger side on my CTSW. I don't think the maker is making them anymore.

I'm working on one for the pilot side on my airplane now. It's a modified design that will be smaller and lighter, and should allow access to the floor locker. Once it's done and tested I will release templates for the parts and construction instructions in case anybody wants to build one.

There are no drawings. he did this out of his head. You'll need to have someone loan you one. he cut the first couple out with a bandsaw. That's extremely labor intensive. He used his Nephew that has a high pressure water cutter to do all the rest.  

Matter of fact Justin who lives in CO. may have the template. I'll have to ask. I don't know cost and you may need to get 4-6 at a time?

he just cuts them out and you'll have to assemble them. You would still most likely need one to look at.

Cost depends on how it's built. Does it use all straight edges? If so, that makes it a lot cheaper because I can just use a sheet metal shear to cut the sheets and run the edge along a polisher to get rid of the sharp edges really fast. Even if it's steel, I have access to some shears that can do thin steel too.

I could make my own from scratch but I'm still not entirely sure what is being accomplished. Just keeping people's feet off the pedals? It looks like it folds over out of the way too. I could probably do some simple mods so it doesn't block the cargo door.

Template, drawings, it will all work the same. I just need a base to work from.

yes it keeps people's feet off the pedal whether it's the pilot's desire or the passenger. It tips down out of the way so you have full access to the peddles. It can block the pedals if you put something on the floor so they can't be interfered with. It slides under the pedals and it can be removed in 5 seconds. It is slotted to help alignment and from inadvertent movement.

There was a version made from PVC tubing.

I looked at that, as well as lexan/plexi/delrin/nylon sheet.  In the end metal was just easier to work with for me, since I had the tools and experience with aluminum.  Not to mention most other materials have to be much thicker to avoid too much flexing, which becomes obtrusive.  Phenolic sheet would work, but it's heavier than aluminum and more of a PITA to shape.

Ed's talking about some 3/4" tubing that was pushed together with fittings that held the passengers feet back off the pedals. It wasn't in flight folding and wasn't a solid plate that could keep things on the floor out of the pedals. It was more a less just a bar to put your feet on. I used these too for a short while until my hangar mate came up with the other design.

If you search the forum you will find videos of this that I posted a long time ago.

Archived