Aviation language difficulties - Native speakers please help me

FlyRatz

Today I was confronted with the following sentence:

Aircraft or Equipment registration of the root ancestor of the workorder aircraft or equipment at the time that the aircraft or equipment was populated.

This comes from a software, which is meant to support commercial avaiation companies in maintenance tasks.

Do you native speakers understand this?? I have problems with the term populated and with root ancestor of the workorder aircraft or equipment.

My analysis is:

1. There must be a item which is an aircraft or equipment and this item has a workorder

2. The workorder itself is a child/member of another workorder (called root ancestor here) which relies to another aircraft or equipment.

3. One of the two aircraft or equipment was populated. But which one is meant in this sentence??

I am lost....

Thank you in advance

Markus

You should ask the software company. There's context that is missing. But basically it seems like it's asking for the original information of that aircraft/equipment (or workorder, it's unclear), or more simply, what was its original info.

This might be in reference to when it was installed for time tracking.

Today I was confronted with the following sentence:

Aircraft or Equipment registration of the root ancestor of the workorder aircraft or equipment at the time that the aircraft or equipment was populated.

This comes from a software, which is meant to support commercial avaiation companies in maintenance tasks.

Do you native speakers understand this?? I have problems with the term populated and with root ancestor of the workorder aircraft or equipment.

My analysis is:

1. There must be a item which is an aircraft or equipment and this item has a workorder

2. The workorder itself is a child/member of another workorder (called root ancestor here) which relies to another aircraft or equipment.

3. One of the two aircraft or equipment was populated. But which one is meant in this sentence??

I am lost....

Thank you in advance

Markus

Populated/Populate means to install or having been installed.  Root ancestor is a way to say the original workorder on the original airframe and/or equipment in question.

Thank you guys for your answer.

Unfortunately the software company I asked first is not willing to explain......(although I am on duty for them!)

To check, if I understand you right, I try it with my own words:

It asks for the registration of the aircraft which contains the equipment I have a workorder for and if the registration has changed in its lifetime, I need to enter the registration which has been active at the time my equipment has been installed in that aircraft.*)

*) For simplification I replaced "aircraft or equipment" with aircraft (root ancestor) and equipment (the animal with the workorder).

Thanks again. It's good to know to have some helping friends at the other side of the big water. :good_job-1300:

Markus

Archived