New Non-Aviation Toy

FlyingMonkey

The shakers used to actually shake. Now if it actually shook you would want to find out what was wrong. It does look cool though.

Fully agree on the speed thing, but would love to try a road course with a good car. I prefer racing that uses left <and> right turns.

Mine shakes a little bit, I think there are some rubber bits in there to let it move some. And it torques to the right quite a bit on "spirited" throttle application.

Neat car Andy.  The "Dream Cruise" just ended here in Detroit. It's held every year and gets bigger each year.  Dodge closed off a huge parking lot along Woodward Avenue and set up a "drift" course and took anyone who wanted to go on a tire screeching and smoking thrill ride in Dodge Hellcats.  I grew up in the '60's.  My Brother had many Mustangs, including a 1970 yellow Mach 1 with shaker hood.  That had a 302 CID with 351 Cleveland heads and was fun but crude compared to your new Dodge. The neatest car was his first Mustang.  This was a 1965 289 Notch-back.  We put in a Cobra cam, solid lifters, dual point distributor, spaghetti headers and tri-power.  We cut down a Dana truck axle with 5.35 ratio and made up a set of Thunderbolt trackton bars. It would blow off 4 barrel 389 GTO's.  The Hemi 'Cuda's and Challengers and Satellites ruled back then. Recall the Satellites were lightened with tricks like no window regulators.  There was just a seat belt strap attached to the side glass and you unhooked the strap and lowered the glass.  Neat to see cars like yours coming back - especially the rear wheel drive ones.  Thanks for posting.  It brought back some fond memories of "times past".

Wow, you have seen some neat cars.

The technology in the new cars is frankly stupefying. Way more than what is needed in a big dumb muscle car. The transmission is electronically controlled, and the car has an 8.4" "infotainment" system with launch control, race timers, you can even see real time engine horsepower and torque numbers. it has voice control for the audio system and your phone over Bluetooth. I even have an app on my phone I can use to remote start or unlock the doors from anywhere. Crazy stuff, God help me if a hacker ever gets into all this.

Archived