cracked brake line nut

207WF

Was getting the bird ready for the fly-in today when I discovered that the nut that attaches the hydraulic fluid line to the matco brake on the right side of my CTSW was cracked through, almost in two pieces.  Looking through my CTSW parts and assembly manual, while they show the nut (its a 12mm) all over the place in the brake system images, I don't see where a part number for it listed, unless it is shown as "Connector, A-Lek-6/4-1/8MSv."  I am not sure.

Now, if I can get a replacement nut, will I be able to remove the brake line and get the nut over it, or is this going to be more difficult than that?  I was hoping that I could do this without getting air in the system and having to bleed the brakes, which I recall is a real pain, and I don't have much brake fluid on hand.

WF 

Thanks guys.  I have learned it is a 12 mm compression fitting, and that the standard hardware/auto store 1/4" is just a bit too large.  I will try parker and matco next.  I still have my bleeding apparatus so should be able to do that!  WF

Archived