FD Production

Philip Welsch

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

So this is a topic that I`d expect to see more active.  So is FLIGHT DESIGN producing airplanes or not anymore?  Did they move to China or where would they be producing?

About to buy one CTSW, so how would FD not producing anymore effect our planes for future market.  Does it affect the value of our airplanes?

Thanks

Fredy

Any one know if FD is producing airplanes?

I know AeroJones had a brand new CTLSi at DeLand , and had another in storage. The one I saw was already bought , and the one in storage, may have been bought that same day, there was a customer there seriously wanting one. FD Germany I know nothing about as of late. FDUSA , last I read , they had contracts for several Aircraft, I think 2 or 3 a month (with AeroJones).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The following reasoning might suggest a long-term supply problem for the US market:

1. The Chinese light aviation market is likely to explode in coming years - lots of new money to spend.

2. The fledgling Asian GA market will experience strong growth for an extended period of time, whereas the US market is 'mature' and will not exhibit anything like the same demand.

3. Naturally, every manufacturer wants a head start in a fledgling market, especially one the size of China.

4. AJ manufacture in China.

There's a lot of incentives there for AJ to prioritize home demand.

That could leave Europe and the US with a long term supply problem of new aircraft.

IrishAl has a point.  Perhaps one of our distributors might be able to comment on what they see regarding projected sales for CT's and if they have heard any comments from AJ regarding it's ability to meet these projections?  Eric already indicates that he will be receiving a AJ built CTLSi for a customer.  This appears to be a positive indicator?  I'm also curious as to repair or replacement components for our CTSW and CTLS.  Did I read  - perhaps it was a comment from FD USA - that parts will be available?

The following reasoning might suggest a long-term supply problem for the US market:

1. The Chinese light aviation market is likely to explode in coming years - lots of new money to spend.

2. The fledgling Asian GA market will experience strong growth for an extended period of time, whereas the US market is 'mature' and will not exhibit anything like the same demand.

3. Naturally, every manufacturer wants a head start in a fledgling market, especially one the size of China.

4. AJ manufacture in China.

There's a lot of incentives there for AJ to prioritize home demand.

That could leave Europe and the US with a long term supply problem of new aircraft.

Sounds like the Europeans are a little paranoid after FD left them outside.  A new CTLSi coming from AJ is fantastic news.  And having lots of customer orders (and parts demand) is also a nice 'problem' to have for AJ.

Sounds like the Europeans are a little paranoid after FD left them outside.  A new CTLSi coming from AJ is fantastic news.  And having lots of customer orders (and parts demand) is also a nice 'problem' to have for AJ.

I agree, many if's and perhaps on that post. I have been told (recently) that the Ukrainian plant is back on line, producing air frames.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Archived