Bowlus taping the landing gear fuselage area?

Buckaroo

Full power stall is not as easy to achieve as you might think . The plane will " hang on the prop " to some extent , the ASI will read somewhere around 15 kt. the nose will be pointing at the stars . there will be buffet as well . Not a situation that you will get into by accident . If you crave entertainment now close the throttle quickly . You will now realize why you tightened your belts first , you did that  didn't you ? Have fun , it is actually quite safe and easy to recover .   

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full power stall is not as easy to achieve as you might think . The plane will " hang on the prop " to some extent , the ASI will read somewhere around 15 kt. the nose will be pointing at the stars . there will be buffet as well . Not a situation that you will get into by accident . If you crave entertainment now close the throttle quickly . You will now realize why you tightened your belts first , you did that didn't you ? Have fun , it is actually quite safe and easy to recover .

Yes I had a guy tell me he actually got kinda scared at the abrupt break with full power. He had lots of hours in many aircraft.

I think his lack of rudder coordination came into play.

I would not suggest full power stalls with lots of flap because you will exceed the flap speed during recovery . The reason for quick power reduction as it breaks is to help introduce some torque roll as well . As I said this is for entertainment . If you do nothing but sit on your hands and close your eyes the plane will still recover for you but with more loss of alt. but where is the fun with your eyes closed .

Yes I had a guy tell me he actually got kinda scared at the abrupt break with full power. He had lots of hours in many aircraft.

I think his lack of rudder coordination came into play.

Not an abrupt break...as I said earlier you will feel like it hangs there a bit at the top versus a mushing before the nose over break.  It will still simply nose over but it's not sudden or violent and the plane will start to fly again without the need for a rapid throttle input, you can do it slowly and relaxed.

Archived