Rocky Mountain Kit Sport in Fairfield Ut recommendations or not?

Buckaroo

For a full service Rotax 912 work any thoughts good or bad on the above service center? I will need quality hose replacement work and a annual early spring. I'm in Montana.

Thanks

You can check with Tom Peghiny at FD USA.  Also, you can ask if the shop has worked on CTs....and the 912 Rotax ULS.    Preferable to have some carbon repair experience also.

I'll call Tom. I've chatted with him a few times. Nice fellow seems!

Colorado would do as well.

Now I've learned a lot of the insider mechanics attention to detail and what to be aware of as a owner I'm looking for a detail oriented expert Rotax mechanic.????

This forum is creating a monster! Lol

I have met Mark Pringle several times.  He is the owner/operator of Rocky Mountain Kit Plane (if we are talking about the same place).  He has a good reputation.  I have only dealt with him a little bit, but was pleased with the interaction.  

Yes it was Mark I spoke with. My friend (OV10 Nam jockey Niel) had his Rans 7 suddenly blow over last summer. They did the repair (new fuselage and paint) and lots of other work. They did an amazing job for him. Neil said they have full state of the art paint buildings and all service Rans and Rotax. They do gel, carbon and glass work as well.

I have met Mark Pringle several times.  He is the owner/operator of Rocky Mountain Kit Plane (if we are talking about the same place).  He has a good reputation.  I have only dealt with him a little bit, but was pleased with the interaction.  

I bought my RANS through Mark. Mark and Alina are good people. I would be surprised if you aren't treated fairly OP

The only thing I would consider mentioning, is that you want a genuine rotax filter. I know he sometimes (maybe not now?) used the tempest filters....

Rocky Mountain Kit Plane has a golden reputation among Rans builders.  Mark provides a lot of technical assistance to builders.  His S-7 - that he built with an injected 912 - is a very nice plane.  

That turbo s7 is amazingly nice. He won the award at the RANS fly in for the 'nicest' build (think it had a different name, but you know what I mean lol). And they just finished Alina's turbo s20... sweet ride!!!

I was going to buy a Rans 7 before I bought my CTSW. My wife and I were thumbing through features of different LSA and she saw the CT line had BRS. That was the end of my Rans 7 ideas! Lol

Now looking back I have no regrets. Why?

$1000 year insurance

Carbon fiber and Kevlar

120 knot cruise

Chute

Glass cockpit

Leather seating

Auto Pilot

110 lb baggage

34 gallons

1000 mile range

Tricycle gear

Huge seating width

Easy engine access

Easy access

Great visibility

Heater

Cons: None yet!

I flew about 1 hour with the seller at delivery. I got a couple 15 degree flap touch and goes and some airwork. I was overwhelmed with the glass instruments and amazed at the performance. I'm tall at 6'4" and at first found it hard to get into. Now I've found the technic. It's been sitting in a heated hanger waiting for a CFI check out and flight review. It's been hangerd waiting on weather as well. This has slowed me down so I've been able to study all the books.

I was going to buy a Rans 7 before I bought my CTSW. My wife and I were thumbing through features of different LSA and she saw the CT line had BRS. That was the end of my Rans 7 ideas! Lol

Now looking back I have no regrets. Why?

$1000 year insurance

Carbon fiber and Kevlar

120 knot cruise

Chute

Glass cockpit

Leather seating

Auto Pilot

110 lb baggage

34 gallons

1000 mile range

Tricycle gear

Huge seating width