10th Annual Page CT and Light Sport Fly-in

Olav

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day from AUS would like to join you in Page. I can fly to DRO via LAX from Australia, but haven't worked out how to get from DRO to Page. It looks to be a couple of hundred miles on the map. If room is still available at the motel I will keep working on the logistics of this.  

ct9,

They said their email address is clarionoffice@gmail.com. Despite the name, that address goes directly to the Clarion motel in Page.

There are commuter flights into Page, though it is a small market and the flights may be expensive.

Durango, Colorado is 260 road miles from Page (418 km). Flagstaff, Arizona or Saint George, Utah are about half that distance and about the same size, I would think, in terms of number of flights in and out.

Phoenix and Las Vegas are roughly the same distance away as Durango and much larger markets which should offer lower airfares, though I realize that's not always the case.

Mike Koerner

Sigh... my SportCruiser is being serviced and I don't think it'll be done in time for the event.  (It's way too hot in Florida for my mechanic to work in a bare metal hangar).  I'm going to wait until the last minute to make a final decision.  I might consider driving out for the event if I can't fly in, but won't know until closer...

• 2 weeks later...

NOW JUST OVER THREE WEEKS TO THE PAGE CT AND LIGHT SPORT FLY IN!  WEATHER IS ALMOST ALWAYS PERFECT OR NEARLY SO...  SOME OF THE BEST FLYING WEATHER AND SIGHTS IN THE U.S.  SO MAKE THOSE RESERVATIONS AND JOIN IN A GREAT EVENT IN PAGE OCTOBER 11 - 15 FOR A BUCKET LIST EXPERIENCE -  IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN - AND A RENEWAL OF FRIENDSHIPS AND ANOTHER ROUND OF BUCKET LIST FLYING IF YOU ARE A RETURNING "PAGER"!  

• 2 weeks later...

One week from today the fun starts...the 10th Annual Page CT and Light Sport Fly-in!  Opening dinner at the Ranch House Grill Wednesday evening October 11.  Social hour starts there at 5pm with dinner at 6.  Bring your own beer/wine/spirits!

Sightseeing and breakfast flights will once again be to Monument Valley; Grand Canyon; Bryce Canyon; Bullfrog Marina on upper Lake Powell; Escalante, Utah; several of these include flights up the length of Lake Powell, and this year we are adding in Sedona and the spectacular red rock Oak Creek Canyon area.

Regarding Wednesday's half day raft trip...so far only 4 people are signed up for this.  If you are new to the fly-in and to the area this is an activity that I strongly recommend.  No rapids, just a pleasant float in a large motorized raft.  But the visual impressions of being down IN the canyon cannot be adequately described...really one of those "must experience to appreciate" activities.  I have done it every year I've attended the fly-on but it never gets old and once again I will be on the raft.  So, if you want to kick off the fly-in with a unique experience in a spectacular setting contact Colorado River Adventures.  They will have us back to Page by 4pm on Wednesday.  

Any questions about any of the activities or plans please feel free to PM me or Tim (CT4ME).

See you in a week!

This is the current list of confirmed attendees to this year's Page CT and Light Sport Fly-in.  Please PM me or Tim Greer if you are coming and NOT on this list OR if you have cancelled or are now unable to come and are ON the list.  Thanks.

Bergmann, Lee and Christine
Bisbee, Eric (“Coppercity”)
Carlson, Ted and Martha
Ferson, Wayne
Gambles, Jay
Greer, Tim and Lynette
Ince, Bill
Johnsen, John-Olav and Lisa
Kelty, Rick and Pam
Kreienkamp, Ron and Jan
Langan, John and Linda
Lloyd, Sid and Mari (staying in their RV not in hotel)
McEvoy, Peter and RoLayne
Merritt, Greg (“CT9000”)
Olmedo, John and Holly
Schroeder, Steve and Laura
Solove, Gregg (no pax)
Swisher, Eric and Cheryl
Van Camp, Peter and ?
Wade, Phil and Sue
Walker, Andy

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived