Engine noise through VHF

CT2K

Today I might be bringing an old topic, but let's see if I can stir new replies.

I'm hearing the engine running through my headsets. It is not like any far away or slight noise. It's really strong and painful. I flew this weekend and I really got my ears hurting till long after flight.

I can't hear myself talk, however, there is no noise when someone else is talking on the same frequency and I can hear them.

Thanks in advance for your input.

First try removing and reinstalling the plug on the intercom. Sometimes the connections get dirty. If that doesn't fix the problem try shutting off circuit breakers one by one to see if you can isolate the piece of equipment causing the problem. It is likely a feedback issue caused by a grounding problem. I worked on one airplane where the audio output from the GPS was causing the exact problem you describe. I installed a ground loop isolator in the audio out line and problem solved.

CT2K, What did you change in the setup to make the problem go away? I'm having the same problem with my Becker transceiver, it started after I sent it back to the factory for refurbishing. I've tried everything that everyone has suggested and nothing has worked so far.

al meyer

Archived