Dynon locked down for Screen customization

lvpazik

So I find out today that the two Dynon Skyview panels I have, that are both updated with the 15.0ver software, are "locked down" by Flight Design.  I wanted to simply change the screen layouts, but that option under "settings" is "grayed out".  In speaking with Dynon, they told me Flight Design has removed that option.  Disappointing.  I simply wanted to make the right screen all moving map while moving the EMS information to the left screen next to the PFD information.  Does anyone know of possibly some type of "unlock" code I could enter or have a suggestion?

Under current ASTM standards for S-LSA, it’s up to the airplane manufacturer (Flight Design, in your case) to decide what particular piece of equipment (software) it wants to install in its airplanes. Because of the ASTM Consensus Standards, all maintenance, inspections and modifications of Special-Light Sport Aircraft must follow the manufacturer’s manuals.  The pilot/owner must follow existing procedures from the aircraft manufacturer or ask permission from the manufacturer. Unless your plane is designated as "experimental", you don't want to jeopardize the certification of your plane by "unlocking" software that is contrary to the ASTM standards.

Archived