IACRA Aircraft Code for Practical Test with CT

JLang

When I tried to complete the IACRA application for my practical test, I hit a roadblock with the required entry for aircraft to be used for the test.  Nothing was available for any CT, Flight Design, even LSA.  When I called the DPE he was also initially stumped, since he had not done a checkride for a CT under the IACRA system, but was able to find that there are generic codes to use (unpublished, for some reason).

"SP-GEN-AP" (for "generic airplane") is what to enter under "Make Model Series."  Of course it does not represent a specific aircraft, but the N-number is entered so is captured that way.

As an aside, if anyone in SW Michigan is taking the practical test, I highly recommend my DPE, who I believe is the only one in the area with CT experience.  He drilled into detail and wanted good answers, but was very low-pressure and casual in attitude.  Send me a note and I'll pass on his contact info if you are interested.

I wonder if it would have accepted the ICAO code FDCT?

It would not.  It doesn't take a typed entry; you have to select from a list.  Nothing Flight Design related came up, even just searching by "F" and looking at all the types/manufacturers starting with "F."  The DPE had no explanation why IACRA would not list FD when the FAA clearly recognizes it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived