Carb Placement video

Be careful when removing and pushing the carb back in place. I have seen too many carbs hanging out of the carb rubber socket because they are not pushed in all the way. This causes air leaks which makes the engine run lean and the real danger is the carb may fall out of the socket. When the carb is in the socket correctly it should be near impossible to push it out much less just fall out.

This video was a plane that came in yesterday with both carbs barely hanging on. That is a sure way to have an off field landing.

https://youtu.be/ObuL4lvoqUo

Thanks Roger. I can understand how it could happen if you don't pay attention to the fit when you take them off. The first time I took my carbs off and was putting them back on it felt like they would not go back in that far. I think I loosened the clamps a bit more and they pushed back to where they were supposed to. It was pretty obvious the first time that things were not where they were supposed to be.

Now that you have posted this I suspect we will all be paying more attention to the issue.

Archived