State Key Code?

JLang

In browsing airport/FBO comments when flight planning, several times I have come across mention that building access is by entering the statewide key code.  I remember my CFI mentioning this and that it can be found in the A/FD (now "Chart Supplement"), but I can't seem to find this -- am I blind?

JLang, it will vary among airports.  Some will require a code of 5321 as John indicates.  Some will require 5, with simultaneous pressing of 3&2, then a 1.  There are other variations.  When you registered your CT in Michigan, you should have been given a Michigan Chart and also a Michigan Airport Directory.  The Directory has all of the Michigan and some Ohio and Indiana airports.  The codes for entry into the airport FBO in off hours are shown here.  What's pretty neat is the Michigan DOT has provided a App which allows one to install the Michigan Airport Directory on cell phone.  No need to carry the booklet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.michigan.mdot.MiMobileAirportDirectory

Archived