Fuel psi fluctuations 07 CTSW this morning.

Buckaroo

I agree with Tom. Those settings on your instrument are wrong. The old fuel pressure limit was 5.8 psi and the new limit is 7.2 psi. Go into the menu and change the limits.

If this had been a wild pressure fluctuation then:

I doubt you had a real problem. It's most likely a loose connection and possibly the sender. Pop the cowl and slide the fuel pressure connectors off then slide them back on, then gently squeeze the connectors on the fuel pressure sender even if they feel snug.

p.s.

I think part of the problem with the digital age today is the show me everything which now means people need to be able to interpret how each item affects the other and when one reading is off what should be going on. Most of the time if one item goes whacky then it should affect another reading or the engine performance. As an example: What if you didn't have a fuel pressure indicator at all on any instrument. You would have flown the plane unless there was a real indication of a problem.

p.s.s

Make sure you have the current 5.6.1 Dynon software version while you're at it.

I doubt you had a real problem. It's most likely a loose connection and possibly the sender. Pop the cowl and slide the fuel pressure connectors off then slide them back on, then gently squeeze the connectors on the fuel pressure sender even if they feel snug.

2 hours ago, Roger Lee said:

I will thanks! 

Can you tell me the approximate position of those wires under the hood please?

Thanks 

Dave

OK, I went back and looked at the pictures you posted for review of your engine. The spot where the fuel pressure normally comes from is plugged off. Something else I noted as odd is the pressure accumulator is missing from the fuel line from the pump to the fuel distribution block. however there is a T fitting there. I think the line from the T fitting will run to the fuel pressure sending unit. These oddities has me wondering if your airplane had the Dynons added here in the states rather than at the factory.

You don't need a Rotax service center for the fuel pressure issue. Any A&P mechanic should be able to take care of the issue. Check the wires on the sender that is above the oil tank in you picture first. If that doesn't fix it I would replace the sender, but you could check pressure with a mechanical gauge if you wanted.

The sender is a VDO 360-043

24 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

You don't need a Rotax service center for the fuel pressure issue. Any A&P mechanic should be able to take care of the issue. Check the wires on the sender that is above the oil tank in you picture first. If that doesn't fix it I would replace the sender, but you could check pressure with a mechanical gauge if you wanted.

I will try to find a bum connection. 

Thanks again Tom! 

I owe you a ? 

20 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

Went out to the plane today and pulled the two wires off the sensor and reattached them. The top one pulled off unusually easy. Cranked her up and everything seems to be in line. 

Thanks to this amazing forum for the tip!?

Archived