CT4ME

New CTs arriving from Germany

10 posts in this topic

It appears to be both.  AeroJones selling into the US through John Hurst and AeroJones Americas (Florida), and FD Germany through FDUSA, Peghiny, and Airtime Aviation.  ????  The question is: What happened to the deal that turned things over to AeroJones?  There has been press that indicated the AJ sale never got funded.  Or maybe it granted mfg/sales to AeroJones, but wasn't exclusive?  I guess we should be happy with two sources.  Because of FAA/EASA certifications, I assume the aircraft have to be very close to duplicates of each other.

I'd like to see a 3rd party evaluation that compares the build quality of AJ and FD Germany produced CTLS.  Door fits, cowl fits, surface and paint quality.  Flight performance.  A Dan Johnson comparison/article would be nice.  No preconceived notions on my part.  Just curious.

This really does annoy me my 2013 model CTLSi is still stuck in Germany fully paid for plus a hefty donation from my agent and it is still stuck there. I see from this post the Americans are getting more deliveries of 2017 models, it is really unfair. All I can deduce is mine and a few others are being held hostage by the administrators as an asset to the company even though fully plus paid for by us until they settle the sale of the company. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:(   

Gryphon,  thank you for reminding all of us that you are left holding the bag on your CTLS.  To me, it is totally incomprehensible that FD Germany is happily going on with resuming their business while totally ignoring the loyal customer who has paid money up-front - some in 2013 as is your case.  Is there no way you can bring a law suit to at least recover a portion of your money, if not all of it or your aircraft?  How about starting a social media page telling your story?  This might catch the attention of potential buyers and couldn't go over well for selling new Flight Design aircraft for FD Germany (or all other distributors) if there's those out there like yourself that are still waiting for deliveries.  Selling aircraft if a fragile business and even a few lost sales of Light Sport aircraft can make or break a franchise.  Perhaps this might entice the distributors to exert pressure on Germany to stop this nonsense and to honor their commitments and complete the sales that customers like yourself have waited so long to realize.

Hi Runtoeat My aircraft was finished months ago I am told it was flown by the factory in November last year. FD have spent the last couple of months trying to work out how to ship it to Australia, it has already been done previously 40 odd times, FD is either prevaricating or is highly inefficient. We had an independent test pilot fly it (and that took the threat of legal action) from the right seat to check it out in April as there have been some quality issues in the past. He found several minor quality issues such as the printing on the lower panel was printed over the pull off plastic film not on the panel ! We are lucky we have a very good agent who is trying his level best who has paid out several 10's of thousands of Euros extra to get the aircraft to be finished and now it looks like he has to pay the freight to get it here previously already paid for. I am still really looking forward to get to fly my aircraft when it eventually gets here but I could NOT recommend the aircraft to anyone not because of the aircraft but but because of the company behind it. We have been continuously being kept in the dark about what is going on and why and been promised all sorts of things that have never come to pass. 

I am in the same position as GRYPHON and I thought about flying my new aircraft home to Aus. from Germany. The promises that keep coming all the time like "it will be packed in the container next week" and so on keep us hoping that it will happen soon. The logistics of getting the necessary permits and clearances are significant and time consuming. The other main problem for me is that my family believe that I would be shot down over Pakistan or some other hostile unstable country or if I made it to Indonesia get locked up or held for ransom. Still trying to hold a sense of humour. 

13 hours ago, ct9000 said:

The other main problem for me is that my family believe that I would be shot down over Pakistan or some other hostile unstable country or if I made it to Indonesia get locked up or held for ransom. Still trying to hold a sense of humour. 

Transponder off, fly 100ft AGL.   :D

Good luck, I really hope you guys get delivery soon.