New CTs arriving from Germany

CT4ME

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears to be both.  AeroJones selling into the US through John Hurst and AeroJones Americas (Florida), and FD Germany through FDUSA, Peghiny, and Airtime Aviation.  ????  The question is: What happened to the deal that turned things over to AeroJones?  There has been press that indicated the AJ sale never got funded.  Or maybe it granted mfg/sales to AeroJones, but wasn't exclusive?  I guess we should be happy with two sources.  Because of FAA/EASA certifications, I assume the aircraft have to be very close to duplicates of each other.

I'd like to see a 3rd party evaluation that compares the build quality of AJ and FD Germany produced CTLS.  Door fits, cowl fits, surface and paint quality.  Flight performance.  A Dan Johnson comparison/article would be nice.  No preconceived notions on my part.  Just curious.

This really does annoy me my 2013 model CTLSi is still stuck in Germany fully paid for plus a hefty donation from my agent and it is still stuck there. I see from this post the Americans are getting more deliveries of 2017 models, it is really unfair. All I can deduce is mine and a few others are being held hostage by the administrators as an asset to the company even though fully plus paid for by us until they settle the sale of the company. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:(   

Gryphon,  thank you for reminding all of us that you are left holding the bag on your CTLS.  To me, it is totally incomprehensible that FD Germany is happily going on with resuming their business while totally ignoring the loyal customer who has paid money up-front - some in 2013 as is your case.  Is there no way you can bring a law suit to at least recover a portion of your money, if not all of it or your aircraft?  How about starting a social media page telling your story?  This might catch the attention of potential buyers and couldn't go over well for selling new Flight Design aircraft for FD Germany (or all other distributors) if there's those out there like yourself that are still waiting for deliveries.  Selling aircraft if a fragile business and even a few lost sales of Light Sport aircraft can make or break a franchise.  Perhaps this might entice the distributors to exert pressure on Germany to stop this nonsense and to honor their commitments and complete the sales that customers like yourself have waited so long to realize.

Hi Runtoeat My aircraft was finished months ago I am told it was flown by the factory in November last year. FD have spent the last couple of months trying to work out how to ship it to Australia, it has already been done previously 40 odd times, FD is either prevaricating or is highly inefficient. We had an independent test pilot fly it (and that took the threat of legal action) from the right seat to check it out in April as there have been some quality issues in the past. He found several minor quality issues such as the printing on the lower panel was printed over the pull off plastic film not on the panel ! We are lucky we have a very good agent who is trying his level best who has paid out several 10's of thousands of Euros extra to get the aircraft to be finished and now it looks like he has to pay the freight to get it here previously already paid for. I am still really looking forward to get to fly my aircraft when it eventually gets here but I could NOT recommend the aircraft to anyone not because of the aircraft but but because of the company behind it. We have been continuously being kept in the dark about what is going on and why and been promised all sorts of things that have never come to pass. 

I am in the same position as GRYPHON and I thought about flying my new aircraft home to Aus. from Germany. The promises that keep coming all the time like "it will be packed in the container next week" and so on keep us hoping that it will happen soon. The logistics of getting the necessary permits and clearances are significant and time consuming. The other main problem for me is that my family believe that I would be shot down over Pakistan or some other hostile unstable country or if I made it to Indonesia get locked up or held for ransom. Still trying to hold a sense of humour. 

13 hours ago, ct9000 said:

The other main problem for me is that my family believe that I would be shot down over Pakistan or some other hostile unstable country or if I made it to Indonesia get locked up or held for ransom. Still trying to hold a sense of humour. 

Transponder off, fly 100ft AGL.   :D

Good luck, I really hope you guys get delivery soon.

• 1 month later...

Five years after laying down lots of money it looks as if our two planes for AUS have finally been shipped. GRYPHON (CTLS jubilee) and I (CTLS turbo) have some bill of loading info. to suggest that our planes will be in Melbourne AUS in the third week of October. Just after I get back from Page. This has been a long saga with countless stories lies and promises from Germany. Our agent has paid many thousands of euros extra for each, we have paid the freight and insurance twice, I sold my beloved CTSW a couple of years ago on the promise of delivery, the stress feels like it never ends. And now on the water are our two new bundles of joy, is this a dream ? no it is real !!! finally.    Will post again when we know more.

PS others may of may not be all that interested but it makes me feel pretty good to be actually able to post this. 

Gryphon & ct9000 I'm happy for you both with your aircraft finally on their way from Germany. What an ordeal the both of you to have gone through!

I'm like you, here in Australia, I ordered a CTLS in Jan 2016 through the Australian Agent and then 2 weeks later Flight Design went into Receivership! 

Mine was completed in August 2016 and has been sitting at Aero Jones since. I've even been sent photos of the plane including the tail number.

The receiver stuffed around for so long and then we heard the great news that Flight Design had a new owner, we started seeing some more action. I did email them directly and soon after our Agent started getting communication. 

We have heard that my aircraft will be shipped soon, just waiting for confirmation! I'm so happy for you guys that you're finally getting your babies!

I look forward to seeing photos of your planes soon!

2 hours ago, kp911 said:

Gryphon & ct9000 I'm happy for you both with your aircraft finally on their way from Germany. What an ordeal the both of you to have gone through!

I'm like you, here in Australia, I ordered a CTLS in Jan 2016 through the Australian Agent and then 2 weeks later Flight Design went into Receivership! 

Mine was completed in August 2016 and has been sitting at Aero Jones since. I've even been sent photos of the plane including the tail number.

The receiver stuffed around for so long and then we heard the great news that Flight Design had a new owner, we started seeing some more action. I did email them directly and soon after our Agent started getting communication. 

We have heard that my aircraft will be shipped soon, just waiting for confirmation! I'm so happy for you guys that you're finally getting your babies!

I look forward to seeing photos of your planes soon!

Thanks for the note. I have followed the history of your aircraft and it was built on time but certification paperwork and playing games was the problem in Germany. Looks to be sorted out now though, Behind the scenes Leo has made countless phone calls and emails to try to push this along.

• 5 weeks later...

The latest is that our two are on the docks in Singapore. They were offloaded from the TAURUS on the 4th Oct. and scheduled to load on another ship end of month. That would have them arrive in Aus. fifteen days later. We wait patiently but at least they are out of Germany. 

Archived