Flight Design Germany under new ownership

CT4ME

In the aftermath of financial reorganization, Flight Design Germany has new owners.  Lift Air, from Eisenach, Germany, has taken over all assets and operation of the company.  Flight Design USA  is already working with the new owners to get aircraft flowing to the US directly from Germany.  
Read more here:

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Flight-Design-Under-New-Ownership-229370-1.html 

Finally, some good news!  The C4 sounds like such an terrific airplane for the price, but the last couple years made me think it may be too good to be true.  I am Early Bird #93; I hope that program is honored.  Can't wait for more info.

Sam

Tom sent the following to me.  See also the attached press release.  I tried to copy the text of the release, but no luck.  It's attached as a .docx file, sorry.

---------------------

We have been working with LIFT holding the owners of LIFT Air for a year now and they are really nice folks. They are an

Aviation investment group and have several projects including Flight Design and Rotorvox as is stated in the release.  The first new CTLSi from Germany arrived 2 week ago to Airtime in Tulsa along with a shipment of parts. We are very hopeful for the future!

The first order of business is refilling our shelves with spare parts and we placed a large parts order months ago.    

AeroJones will continue to manufacture the planes for the Asian-Pacific market, but our company, Flight Design USA is and will stay the importer for the USA buying planes and parts from Flight Design General Aviation Germany.   

Tom Peghiny

---------------------

Flight Design bought by German investment group USA.docx

On 7/30/2017 at 2:14 PM, WmInce said:

If and when KLA-100 arrives, are you thinking about getting a demo ride?

You bet.  With all the research, planning, and engineering, and FD's experience, it has the makings of a stellar aircraft.  But, as they say, "The proof is in the pudding"...

And that C4 still has my eye.

Archived