Intro, Canadian!

Moranimal

Hello! I've been reading this form for quite some time, looking a starting my private pilot this year, myself and a friend are completeting it togeather and have played with the idea of purchasing a plane, we both independently agreed it should be a CT! Wondering if anyone is flying these in Canada, can I import one from the states? Is it even something we should be considering? Thanks in advance, love all the info so far!

27 minutes ago, Moranimal said:

Hello! I've been reading this form for quite some time, looking a starting my private pilot this year, myself and a friend are completeting it togeather and have played with the idea of purchasing a plane, we both independently agreed it should be a CT! Wondering if anyone is flying these in Canada, can I import one from the states? Is it even something we should be considering? Thanks in advance, love all the info so far!

Welcome to our forum!

14 hours ago, Moranimal said:

...... we both independently agreed it should be a CT! Wondering if anyone is flying these in Canada, can I import one from the states? Is it even something we should be considering? Thanks in advance, love all the info so far!

Hello Moranimal,

welcome...I have the 1st  CTSW in Canada (2005 )  as (Advanced Ultra-Light Aeroplane - AULA ) ....which limit us @ 1232 lbs(560 kg) ,,,,a LS is a heavier plane and you have to be carefull on the payload..it is easy to be 'illegal'...  here are some answers......flying these in Canada..?  surrrre...since 2004,   there are 2 CT2K, 2 CTLS and 15 CTSW according to Civil Aircraft Registery ( available online). ...Importing......from the States..?  or Germany...yes  as new one$...a$ AULA    a used one from USA........theorically no... as you can not transfer LSA/AULA  vice/versa. ...but a guy did it.    A used one in Canada......limited choice.....but possible ... you're Lucky most are in your area. ....I know of one...locally.^_^

here we go...owning a CT could  be easier than you think..

Archived