The 5th Annual 2011 Page, AZ Fly-In

Roger Lee

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a great time! Also, finally got to see the Rainbow Bridge. We've looked for 4 years straight and finally was able to get a good clear image. We only took over a thousand photos, but 1 out of 10 worked quality-wise. The miracle of digital photography.

Thanks, Roger/Tim for putting this on and am looking forward to next year...

John

post-13-0-72611400-1318885989_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-82185700-1318886232_thumb.jpg

Had a great time! Also, finally got to see the Rainbow Bridge. We've looked for 4 years straight and finally was able to get a good clear image. We only took over a thousand photos, but 1 out of 10 worked quality-wise. The miracle of digital photography.

Thanks, Roger/Tim for putting this on and am looking forward to next year...

John

Thanks for the Photo....We saw it from the air but couldn't get a good picture. Now I have one!

The FD rep. was John Doman from Kansas where he lives. The LOOP magazine gents were very nice and worked the entire event. One came to Tucson today and I flew him around Tucson and did an interview with him. He will be back home Thursday. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Yeah that was "Mexican Hat", about 20 NE of Monument Valley. Have always heard about it and Joe wanted to see it. It's right on the San Juan River. Not much from the air though. Had a great trip back at 2:16 minutes. Went high and rode the jet stream! When we got back, they kept mentioning a cold front that was planned for the next day which we didn't think much about but it combined with the dryness and low pressure turning into a haboob or whatever they call them in the middle East. Had one gust of 74mph. I keep telling you guys about our winds here in West Texas!!! Here's a pic that somebody took as it entered the city. Enjoy!!

John

Here's one of many stories about the freakish weather:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/dust-storm-haboob-blasts-lubbock-texas-video/2011/10/18/gIQAY37NuL_blog.html

post-13-0-76704300-1319155513_thumb.jpg

Roger et al

Dalene and I had a fantastic time. We have it on the calendar for next year.

I am pushing all that paper on my desk now, but I will post some photos soon.

Thank you for doing this.

And a good time was had by all.. . . .

Greg Copeland

N191GM

Archived