Tundra wheels and matco brakes

darren ctsw

Hi Darren. I installed the Matco "system" - axles, wheels, brakes and new Desser "Monster" 600-6 tires - last year. The weight of the factory system removed was 14 lbs. The weight of the new Matco "system" was 19 lbs. I recorded 5 lb.s increase per side (10 lbs. total increase regarding weight and balance) with the new system. I am not sure how much of the 5 lb. increase is attributable to the Desser tires? A guess is 2.5 lbs. per tire - Monster over the factory tire? Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Matco's and Desser tires can be used together and many Matco users all over the US use Desser tires.

Matco's have been approved for years on CT's and the LOA is in the LOA thread on this forum. Desser tires are fine and there are no special tires for the CT. Matco's have been factory installed on CT's since Jan. 2009.

Don't want this to sound like an add for Desser but I installed the 600-6 monster tires with Desser "leak-stop" inner tubes and have not had any concerns since installed two years ago onto the Matco rims. Now have over 1500 landings on these. Prior to this, I was getting flats from air leaking thru the weeny factory tubes. No leaks found, just a constant bleeding of air thru the porous and thin factory inner tubes.

Archived