Rotax rubber hose replacement program

Roger Lee

Hi All,

Those that have 2005 CT's or CT2K should be doing your mandatory 5 year Rotax required all rubber parts/hose replacement. Those that have 2006 models will have to start in 2011. All rubber hoses, fuel, coolant and oil need to be replaced. This includes the carb sockets. I will try to get an approximate cost and update this post.

If you are reading this and have an SLSA other than a CT then you are included since most SLSA Mfg's follow the Rotax maint. manuals.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for bring this up Roger. Many owners are not aware of the mandatory 5 yr replace ment on rubber parts even thou it is very clearly spelled out in the Rotax Line M/M. Cps has all of the parts you need to perform this procedure and I will list most of them with approximate cost below.

Carb Flanges PN-267-789 (2) $102.33each

Coolant hose for cylinders PN-922-250 (approx 1 meter) $58.19

Carb Diaphrams PN-861-115 (2) $90.51each (Cheaper just to have carbs rebuilt) Kit PN-13594 $249.95

Fuel Hose 5/16 Gates Fuel Inj. Hose PN-P213 (5ft) $6.95/ft

Oil Hose 13mm PN-181411 (2 meters) $21.50/meter

Large Coolant Hose Gates 25.4mm PN-181427 (2ft) $2.50/ft

Other O-rings and clamps may be required but here is a good starting list. Contact 1800-AIR-WOLF for More info

Jeremy and Roger, thanks for the info on rubber replacement requirement. Is there any possibility that the hoses can be inspected and a judgement can be made as to whether or not replacement is needed? I hesitate to remove factory parts if not absolutely required since the factory installation is normally the best for areas prone to leak. I know what the answer is going to be here but had to ask. Looks like I'll be doing this change in 2011 for my 2006 CTSW.

Hi Dick,

Nice to hear from you again. Unfortunately the replacement is mandatory and I have a 2006 and I'll be doing mine right along side of you. Once every 5 years isn't too bad. I guess it's for our own good so we don't have a hose failure while in the air.

We should be doing things like this in our cars, but tend tend to forget about belts and hoses there unless one breaks.

I agree that at first glance it seems to be a little excessive to have all the rubber parts replace every 5yrs. There are some parts on the required replacement list that I think tend to be a little more important then others. For example the carb diaphrams, the health of these are very critical in the correct operation of our CDP Carbs. As Rubber parts age they can lose some of there elasticity which then can translate to improper mixture control and other issues with the carbs. I would also like to point out that if you ever need to replace one diaphram it is HIGHLY recommened that you replace both at the same time. This will help pervent issues with one carb working better than the other and can lead to less head aches when it comes to general maintance like carb balancing. The carb flanges, while expensive are also just as critical. The new carb sockets that are supplied on all of our CTs have the 3rd generation socket which are less prone to warping or wearing out in comparison to the older units supplied on early production engines. The carb flanges can easily be inspected but as healthy as they look we must all fallow the mfgs. requiremnts after all safety is the name of the game.

Archived