Capabilities of a two-axis autiopilot

Hello Dick,Thanks very much for the photo of the backside of your panel. What it really tells me is that our panels are quite different. You appear to have a square faced autopilot control head. My control head is a vertical rectangle about one inch wide and four inches long. I can clearly see your control cable (similar to mine) but you have two tubes coming out of the box. I only have one and while I have many tubes running to other instruments, there are no loose tubes that were inadvertantly not hooked up.Regarding the electrical connections, I know where the servo box has to be but looking as best I could I couldn't see the box or any connections. That would require more parts removal than I think I dare try to do.So, I guess it's either fly this thing to Springdale, AR and say "don't give it back until it works correctly" or perhaps have Roger employ Voodoo maintenance (if he's certified in that area.)So, let's see what the pro's say next. Thanks again!

The TruTrack in my '06 SW would not hold heading etc. etc. After reading the book I reset the gyro's. This involved holding the rotary knob in for 10 to 15 sec., after everything was up and running and the A/C was still on the ramp. It fixed everything and I now do this every few flights. May not be the answer, but easy enough to try.

Archived