TruTrac Digiflight II VS porpoise - Part 2

NC Bill

Started a new thread to save everyone a lot of scroll time.

TruTrac kindly RMA'd my unit under warranty and replaced the green screen that had developed lines in both directions (a common problem they said) with a beautiful new blue screen. Plus they naturally updated the software to the latest version.

My original unit settings were giving me '50 excursions (up/down) with 15kt speed variations. Tweaking the static lag setting +2 improved the situation slightly.

The new and improved unit now has 140' excursions with 25/30kt speed variations!

TruTrac suggests that disconnecting the static line from the back of the unit may fix the problem. Has anyone tried that solution? Any thoughts on whether that logically might help? For me that's a $90 visit to the avionics shop.

TIA!

So check this out...I too had the vertilce oscillation with my TT. I tried everything TT said, everything I could find on the forum, etc. This is what was found and it corrected evereything. while getting my static system checked we had a leak somewhere but could not find it. We looked and looked with the soapy water bottle, etc. Well the culpret was a tiny crack where the tube/fitting screws into the back of the a/p. There is a black block where the fitting goes into. The a/v shop had overtightened the nylon fitting and cracked the block a tiny, tiny bit. the a/v shop repaired the crack and guess what...solid as a rock. I've been flying this bird for nearly 500 hrs with the a/p doing it's thing and just dealing with it. The a/v shop said it would do that due to the pressure. Anyway it is solid now and I'm happy! Hope this helps.

Mine is a clear line with a clear/white threaded fitting that threads into the back of the a/p which is a black "block" or box. When the fitting was threaded in originally it made the smallest crack about 1.5" long forward.

Archived