In route right now to page, autopilot "no gps" help

kentuckynet

hello, we are in woodford ok in route to page....wow was i dissapointed when my autopilt shows no gps!

you can only fly it by turning the knob to increase or decrease banks.....

Any Ideas?

Worked fine last time i used it.

The upper

left display labeled TRK shows

the electronic DG slaved to

GPS track. When the GPS

track is not available TRK will

be replaced by NO GPS, which

means the autopilot now uses

an internal gyro source for bank

control. Below TRK, the

display is labeled SEL. This

shows the selected direction of

flight. In the FD Pilot II and II

Going to bed soon....please help

mack

I would start checking those setting for the GPS output, I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the unit you have, but it should have some output settings that send data to your autopilot. I have seen my Tru Track show no gps track and it's usually due to my Garmin reverting back to some default setting that doesn't send the right data out.

Mack...You will need to select ARNAV 9600 output on your Bendix/King Skymap IIIc to get normal Nav display on the D100 and so your GPS will couple with your autopilot.

Unfortunately the ARNAV string does not include GPS time but this is really not a big deal as all you need to do is momentarily select NMEA which will update the time on the D100/D120. I normally do this on the first flight of the day.

There has been quite a lot of discussion on this problem in the past on the Dynon support forum....see here:- http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1152571982/75

Dave

I would start checking those setting for the GPS output, I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the unit you have, but it should have some output settings that send data to your autopilot. I have seen my Tru Track show no gps track and it's usually due to my Garmin reverting back to some default setting that doesn't send the right data out.

Hey Eric,

Good information! Other than NEMA & 9600 baud what other settings should I have on my TruTrak & Garmin 496. Both are working fine but just in case I run into the same problem. Had to scrub again on Page but hopefully will make Copperstate.

al,

Hi Al,

On page 16 of this TruTrak Installation Manual it has all the settings you need to make on the Garmin 396/496 so it will talk to your autopilot.

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/documents/DigiflightIIInstalManual1.pdf

Tom

Hey Eric,

Good information! Other than NEMA & 9600 baud what other settings should I have on my TruTrak & Garmin 496. Both are working fine but just in case I run into the same problem. Had to scrub again on Page but hopefully will make Copperstate.

al,

Archived