Raleigh to Boston

wlfpckrs

Mrs. Wlfpckrs and I will head up to Boston tomorrow (Friday) morning for Saturday's NC State-Boston College football game. The winds nearly made me scratch the flight, but it looks like we can avoid the worst wind conditions by flying into Pawtucket, RI and then driving the last hour up to Boston. On the way back home, we may make a couple island landings (love 'em) at Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Though the foliage color change is past its prime in the Northeast, I'm sure we'll see some beautiful scenery on the way up there. I've got a $100 Hamburger spot picked out for the trip north.

It was a very nice trip, pretty windy, but mostly down the runways where I landed. We did a touch and go at Martha's Vineyard, but couldn't make Nantucket because of an appointment in Greenwich, CT. The return was the worst - 40+ mph headwinds the whole way - nice enough flying, but much slower than we are used to - 7 hours on the Hobbs Meter that day - 85 to 90 mph vs. 130 mph. Having the New York City skyline off our wing was pretty cool.

Archived