Weighing The CTSW

Flying Bozo

I want to weigh my CTSW. I have the original papers showing how to calculate the CG by weighing each wheel but I don't know where to level the plane. I know it has to be leveled somehow or the weights will not be correct to use in the calculations.

Any help here will be appreciated. I thought that the top door track might be the place but it is arched somewhat.

Larry

Flying Bozo

Cottonwood, AZ

Eric,

You appear to have a pretty good understanding CTSW stuff so maybe you could enlighten me on the loading diagram that is in the airplane papers. It states that the Flight range CG is to be 13.28 to 18.7 but the loading diagram only allows 15.08 to 18.7 at the 1320 gross weight. All this becomes much more interesting when you use the visual weight and balance calculator and put in the specifics for the CTSW.???

http://www.skybound.nl/cgi-bin/service/wb/index.cgi

try the sample at this web site and then if you feel up to it put in the specifics for the CT.

Larry.

Flying Bozo

Hi Larry,

the CG range will vary with weight and is the narrowest at the max gross weight. you can see this in the AOI appendex 3 there is a CG envelope graph. The CG range expandes as the weight decreases until about a 1000lbs then decreases again to minimum weight. This ensures you have adequate stability and control authority at all weights.

Hi Eric,

Yes, I see that in the loading diagram and think it is rather silly to put the CG Range of 13.28 to 18.7 on the weight and balance and equipment list when those numbers are only correct at the 1000 pound weight and no other weight. If you want to be loaded properly at any other weight than 1000 pounds you must plot your point on the loading diagram otherwise you really don't know if you are out of the range or not since that first number of 13.28 varies with weight. That is where that visual weight and balance calculator comes in which very graphically shows what happens with sliders to represent the various weights.

Larry

Archived