6th Annual 2012 Page, AZ. Fly-In

Roger Lee

6th Annual 2012 Page, AZ. Fly-In biggrin.gif

Including Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon, Bullfrog Marina Resort...

Make those reservations now.. More people, more planes, different flight venue. We will fly all our routes in reverse this year to offer a big change in scenery.

The Page, AZ. Fly-In date is October 18-21, 2012

We will fly the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Zion Canyon and breakfast at Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Bullfrog Marina and resort.

I am going to change up all the routes this year to make a scenery change from the past 5 years.

I have blocked off 45 rooms. We got a great rate of $49 same as last year. I hope to have a record number of CT's and LSA aircraft for our Page Fly-In. Just like last year make the reservations early so you don't miss out and the hotel won't hold all 45 rooms forever.

Do not wait this year. Book it now and you can cancel up to 24 hours before Oct. 18th. Get it booked and reserved, then if you have to cancel you can, but if you wait again then you may not be staying with the rest of us and at your own peril for rates and possibly a different hotel. They book darn near the whole town in October.

We have a special rate at the same place we stayed last year.

Tell them you are with the "CT Group" or Roger Lee to cross reference and the rate is $49 a night. We will arrive Thursday morning, Oct. 18th. and head home Oct. 21th. Sunday or Monday morning. Breakfast is free in the mornings.

I talked to the people at the Ranch House Grill and they will cater our evening meals again. We will have evening meals together Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Best Western View of Lake Powell

716 Rim View Dr.

Page, Az.

928-645-8868

The AZ. Inn has gone completely non-smoking!

We will fly into the Page airport - KPGA.

We are staying with Classic FBO and with our group we should get a 30 cent discount on fuel.

Classic is not the first FBO next to the runway, but the second one behind them.

The Antelope Canyon tour and the Dam tour is open if anyone wants. These are land tours.

You guys are welcome to invite other planes that are not CT's and everyone is welcome. Find some more LSA's.

I will develop GPS coordinates for all our routes and post them so you can enter them in your own GPS. I have a plan to better deal with all our planes for our flights so they are not crowded in the mornings or evenings.

Don't miss this, we always have fun.

p.s.

biggrin.gif

I would like everyone coming to shoot me an email so I can put together a roster, make name tags and set up call signs like we did last year. If you attended last year and we had your personal info then just say you are coming. If you did not come last year then I would like the email to include: N#, Names of you and co-pilot, cell phone number, city, state.

This is a big help for me to last year to organize our fly outs since we have so many planes and gives old friends and new friends a way to contact each other if need be.

• Here is a list that I will keep updated as people sign up for Page, AZ Fly-In. If you know anyone that wants to join us let them know and then me. I have 45 rooms reserved. I will call the hotel late Aug. as there are always a few reserved I don't hear about. Make sure you tell them your with the CT Group.

Thanks,
    Roger Lee

People with reservations made and sent their info to Roger:

Applegate, Bill Tucson, AZ

Benson, Edward Mineral Blff, GA

Brame, Mack Crofton, KY

Butcher, Jim Kalamazoo, MI

Covell, Tom Tucson, AZ

Carlson, Ted Kingston Springs, TN

Carpenter, Brian Taylor, AZ

Copeland, Greg Madison, MS

Corey, Bob Shelbyville, KY

DeJong, Ed Tucson, AZ

Deurloo, Bob Salmon, ID

Evenson, Roger Tucson, AZ

Ferson, Wayne Los Ageles, CA

Fisher, Dave Barto, PA

Greer, Tim Phoenix, AZ

Bob Hall Phoenix, AZ

Horn, John Indepenence, OR

Hull, Dave Portage, MI

Jeffs, Duane Tucson, AZ

Jeffs, Larry Honolulu, HI

Johnsen, John-Olav Albuquerque, NM

Johnson, John Lubbock, TX

Johnson, Nick Lubbock, TX

Koerner, Mike Palos Verdes, CA

Kreienkamp, Ron Audobon, MN

Lee, Roger Tucson, AZ

Moliterno, Steve San Antonio, TX

McGregor, Jeremy Tracy, CA

Olson, Darrell Sheridan, WY

Cathy Page Tucson, AZ

Pfeiffer, Rick Lubbock, TX

Roberts, Russ Parowan, UT

Sigman, Bob Appleton, WI

Strachan, Berrie Cedar City, UT

Swenson, Darryl Seattle, WA

Welsch, Philip Mimbres, NM

Westmoreland, Justin Bear river, UT

Zawodny, Jeremy Groveland, CA

Andy Gryglewicz

Something new has been added.

A 1/2 day raft trip on Wed. Oct. 17th from Glen Canyon Dam down to Lee's Ferry.

The trip starts in Page (at 1100 hrs) where we will take a shuttle bus down below the dam. We will board a 20-22 person raft and travel down river for about 1.5 hrs. and get out for drinks and photos. Then back in and on down to Lee's Ferry. We board a bus that takes us back to Page and arrive around 1600-1630 hrs. There is no white water just a nice trip down through the canyons. The cost for all of this is $87 a person. The phone number for the reservations is 928-645-9175.

Don't be left out, I know of at least 6 people that have already signed up so don't be late to make the boat, sign up now. They have a 48 hr. cancellation policy and you get it all back except a $7 charge. This means you will have to arrive in Page Oct. 16th.

BRING YOUR HAT, SUNGLASSES AND SUNSCREEN.

Here is the link: http://raftthecanyon...day-raft-trips/

What else is new?

We will fly all our routes in reverse this year to offer a big change in scenery.

We are going to do the Grand Canyon flight in reverse. We will enter the flight corridor on the west end and come back to the east. As we come out of the North east corridor we will land at Marble Canyon strip where we will have breakfast at their restaurant.

Page Fly-In GPS and other map coordinates See attached pdf file.

Page 2012 Flights.pdf

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger

Please put Vicki and Mack Brame down on the list!

Provided we make it back alive from alaska.

We are also flying to the Grand Bahama island jan 13-15th first time over the ocean.

Bob Corey from Shepardsville KY will be following....

Now you know why i have been insurance shopping...huh

see you in page

N377CT

Mack

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

It's time remind remind everyone to make their reservations for the 6th. Annual Page, AZ Fly-In early. All the info is in the first post. This is our 6th. year and I have 45 rooms set aside again. Last year we ran out and then at the last minute a few people had to cancel. Don't wait this year. I think we are going to really run out of rooms this year. If it sells out early enough I might be able to pick up a few more, but as time grows nearer that won't happen due to all the other tourist reservations.

Don't be late, make the date, call today.

Please let me know you made the reservation here or send me a private email with your name, co-pilot name, city, state, cell phone and tail number.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI,

I know people are signing up, but I'm not getting hardly any email for personal info.

For those that haven't signed up what's holding you back. Let's fill up the airport and hotel more than last year. I would like to see between 45-50 planes this year.Jump on on it.

We could easily make this the biggest LSA Fly-In in the country. (no venders, just fliers)

• 1 month later...

Okay, here's the deal on the hotel rooms and dates. The Best Western across the street bought this hotel and rates and rules have changed.

You must tell them you are with the CT Group!!!!

Due to new owners and computer glitches we have 40 rooms (finally). Any rooms not reserved before Sept. 18th will be put back into the general reservation bank. Which means the people who wait until after that to make a reservation may not get one and there is no guarantee that if they have one you will get $49 a night. It may be as much as $108. If you make your reservation before the last 30 days prior to the Oct. 18th date you will get $49 a night.

The next thing to talk about is the river trip on Oct. 17th. I managed to get 10 rooms for the $49 rate. We will arrive on the 16th and take our river raft trip on the 17th. So the $49 rate was extended for those two days for only 10 rooms. Anything past that is a crap shoot for a room and a rate. These two additional days of the 16th -17th are a first come first served deal.

Bottom line for this year is if you procrastinate and wait to the last minute you may not get a room and or the rate may be $108 a night.

Make your reservations now or at least before Sept. 10th for the room and make the raft trip reservation today. I already know of at least 6 rooms that will be gone in a day or two.

It is easy to cancel if you need to up to 24 hrs. before the date, but it may not happen at all if you wait. There has always been about 8 people that wait until the last few weeks to make a reservation, with this new management that may not happen.

Like Larry the cable guy says: GET'er Done!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's the deal on the hotel rooms and dates. The Best Western across the street bought this hotel and rates and rules have changed.

You must tell them you are with the CT Group!!!!

Due to new owners and computer glitches we have 40 rooms (finally). Any rooms not reserved before Sept. 18th will be put back into the general reservation bank. Which means the people who wait until after that to make a reservation may not get one and there is no guarantee that if they have one you will get $49 a night. It may be as much as $108. If you make your reservation before the last 30 days prior to the Oct. 18th date you will get $49 a night.

The next thing to talk about is the river trip on Oct. 17th. I managed to get 10 rooms for the $49 rate. We will arrive on the 16th and take our river raft trip on the 17th. So the $49 rate was extended for those two days for only 10 rooms. Anything past that is a crap shoot for a room and a rate. These two additional days of the 16th -17th are a first come first served deal.

Bottom line for this year is if you procrastinate and wait to the last minute you may not get a room and or the rate may be $108 a night.

Make your reservations now or at least before Sept. 10th for the room and make the raft trip reservation today. I already know of at least 6 rooms that will be gone in a day or two.

It is easy to cancel if you need to up to 24 hrs. before the date, but it may not happen at all if you wait. There has always been about 8 people that wait until the last few weeks to make a reservation, with this new management that may not happen.

Like Larry the cable guy says: GET'er Done!

Ron & Jan will be there (if we're not snowed in:)

If you're going to drive in to meet up with us, which airport would be the best to arrive in, Phoenix or Las Vegas? The other couple that's joining us will rent a car and drive over to Page.. (Coming from central CA). Thanks. JJ

I have been to Page on several fly and rent motorcycle trips starting at Vegas and Phoenix.

My preference is starting at Las Vegas - St. George, Kanab, side trip to the North Rim, Vermillion Cliffs

Phoenix offers The red rocks of Sedona, Flagstaff, the mountains north of Flagstaff, and the South Rim.

My personal preference is the north side of the Canyon. Go around through Zion on the way back.

I am sure that the locals have much more insight.

See you in Page

Greg

Archived