6th Annual 2012 Page, AZ. Fly-In

Roger Lee

Hi Russ,

Got it. We're good on info.

FYI

Looks like a number of people are going on the raft trip Wed.

If you can't make it a day or two earlier then you can also go on this same raft trip if you want Thurs., Fri., or Sat. It's just a big group is going Wed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry. Walk, run, skip or just call !!!

There looks to be only 11 rooms left and we only have 45 more days to secure those rooms before the hotel takes the non reserved rooms back. There may be a room left after this, but it will be at double the price.

p.s.

If you choose to walk, run or skip remember your age and you won't heal well. wink.giflaugh.gif

p.s.s.

There could be fewer rooms because I have not check personally with the hotel this week and some people may have not let me know they are coming. I have a list of the ones who have contacted me and that is where I got the overall number, but there are always a few sign ups that don't contact me, so it is possible we have fewer than 11 rooms left.

p.s.s.s.

If you haven't sent me your info to add to the attendee list please do so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI,

Here is the current list of Page attendees I have personal information on and are good to go:

Applegate, Bill

Benson, Edward

Brame, Mack

Butcher, Jim

Covell, Tom

Carlson, Ted

Carpenter, Brian

Copeland, Greg

Corey, Bob

DeHaven, Richard

DeJong, Ed

Deurloo, Bob

Evenson, Roger

Ferson, Wayne

Fisher, Dave

Greer, Tim

Horn, John

Hull, Dave

Jeffs, Duane

Jeffs, Larry

Johnsen, John-Olav

Johnson, John

Johnson, Dick

Koerner, Mike

Kreienkamp, Ron

Lee, Roger

Moliterno, Steve

McGregor, Jeremy

Meyer, Al

Olson, Darrell

Pankow, Frank

Pfeiffer, Rick

Roberts, Russ

Sigman, Bob

Strachan, Berrie

Swenson, Darryl

Urbach, Walter

Welsch, Philip

Westmoreland, Justin

Zawodny, Jeremy

Here are some that have reservations, but I know nothing about and have no personal info on:

Butcher, Jim

Stark, James

Please email me your info guys.

Name of pilot, Co-pilot, tail number, city, state, cell phone

Hi All,

This second list should be the most up to date as of Sept. 18th. It is always a work in progress right up to the last 2-3 days.

Everyone's name was matched with the reservation list from Best Western.

If you are coming and don't see your name on the second list then the hotel and me should be notified.

Looks like we have about 28-30 people going on the raft trip as of today. More are certainly welcome.

Hi Mike,

I don't see or quite understand?

p.s.

I have all the routes and ordinates information completed and I'll post it Sept. 27th.

• 2 weeks later...

No and No... but you can rent a car if you want. The town is pretty small and the airport is about a mile from the hotel. Most folks walk back and forth, or use the courtesy van provided by the FBO. The hotel isn't providing a van this year, but we're probably going to chip in and rent a van. Make sure you've called the hotel for rez and tell them you are with the "CT group" to get the special rate. Also, if you want to go on the Wed river run, be sure and call them for a rez. All the info is in this thread.

Also, PM or email roger (roger@lsamechanic.com) with your personal info (n-number, names, city state, cell #), so we can make name badges.

Welcome aboard!

Tim

No and No... but you can rent a car if you want. The town is pretty small and the airport is about a mile from the hotel. Most folks walk back and forth, or use the courtesy van provided by the FBO. The hotel isn't providing a van this year, but we're probably going to chip in and rent a van. Make sure you've called the hotel for rez and tell them you are with the "CT group" to get the special rate. Also, if you want to go on the Wed river run, be sure and call them for a rez. All the info is in this thread.

Also, PM or email roger (roger@lsamechanic.com) with your personal info (n-number, names, city state, cell #), so we can make name badges.

Welcome aboard!

Tim

Thanks, already on the list. Hotel reservations are made. I plan to leave 7n8 this week to start the adventure.

We are going to do the raft trip on Thursday with my son, his wife and daughter. Unable to break away from work for Wednesday trip. I have two other planes coming with me, a 235 cherokee and my son with a Cirrus. Don't worry, we'll stay away from you guys in the air!

Hi All,

This second list should be the most up to date as of Sept. 18th. It is always a work in progress right up to the last 2-3 days.

Everyone's name was matched with the reservation list from Best Western.

If you are coming and don't see your name on the second list then the hotel and me should be notified.

Looks like we have about 28-30 people going on the raft trip as of today. More are certainly welcome.

Hi Mike,

I don't see or quite understand?

p.s.

I have all the routes and ordinates information completed and I'll post it Sept. 27th.

Roger,

I can't find the route information on the site. Did you post it somewhere else?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi All,

I did not post the route info before I left the country. I will be back this Friday and will get it out by Friday night or by the latest Saturday. The Social Director wouldnt have let this happen. You can see the route from last years fly in. I just reversed all the routes. So when you look at each one of the routes the last set of numbers will be the first.

I see you're from Penn. state. I hope you have a nice flight and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with us in Page and the scenery. If you need anything just ask and I'll help where I can. Are you coming on the river raft trip?

No river raft this time, but thanks for asking.

Hi All,

I did not post the route info before I left the country. I will be back this Friday and will get it out by Friday night or by the latest Saturday. The Social Director wouldnt have let this happen. You can see the route from last years fly in. I just reversed all the routes. So when you look at each one of the routes the last set of numbers will be the first.

Roger,

Hope you went somewhere fun! This is my first year so I don't have the old routes anyway. Truth be told I've never bothered to learn to put in multi-segmented routes before, just went point-to-point, SO I'll be spending the weekend with your route data. For us newbies, would you go over the obvious a bit? Such as, what FBO will we use, any special parking, and any other hints for first-timers? Much appreciated!

(I double-checked the rafting reservations for Wednesday, they have 57 people so far!)

Hi Ron,

I'm in Puerto Penasco (aka Rocky Point) Mexico until this Friday.

We are using the FBO Classic, bring a set of tie down ropes for Monument Valley cable tied own.

Sincerely are commercial tour operations in the area and in and out of the self annoyed airport start your announcing at leat 15 miles out on your arrival day. We will talk about operations and safety items at Thursday night's dinner at the Ranch House Grill.

As far as entering routes you can call me after this Friday or have someone else help you set up routes. So long as you can follow someone you could just follow them. The routes are only general in nature and you may zigzag a lot to see sights, but if you get lost you can always punch in Page and head home or the destination of your group. Tied owns at Page are on a large well equipped ramp.

FYI,

We lost the hotel van this year at the hotel. We still have the van at the airport. We are going to rent one to leave at the hotel for anyone's use. Instead of tipping the driver constantly we can toss that into pot if you are so inclined or you can help and rent a car on your own. Either way we will be in good shape.

No Worries, as they say across the pond.

Archived