US Customs and Border Protection Decal

kentuckynet

Anyone flying there private aircraft outside the us has to have this sticker to re-enter the usa.

Takes 4-6 weeks to get it if you pay the expedite fee.

Mine came today, i arrived a week ago from my trip to the bahamas!

US Customs never even asked abotu it...

Dont figure...............either way here is the only image of this sticker anywhere on the internet as i was going to make my own but couldnt find an image. Here you go.

post-136-0-80592100-1327616592_thumb.jpg

The website is perhaps the most confusing, horrible, e-commerce site I've seen. The link below is for the FAX version. Comes in a week, less if you pay expedited shipping. But, like Eric said, a copy of your application (or receipt from on-line) will work. Your eApis filing does ask for the custom decal #

http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/cbp_form_339v.pdf

Tim

I asked them about faxing it and they said that would take longer as "someone" has to enter all the info.

Bob and i both contacted our congressman, bob applied about 1 hours after i did, he got his in 5 days, mine was 4 weeks to the date!

Looks like his cogressman had more pull than mine.

On the Eapis i just put appled in the box...i dont think anyoen reads the eapis or the border looks for anyhting but drugs.

Either way i wanted the decal online incase anyone needed it.

John/Sandpiper-

Your memory is correct... but that method was far too simple and efficient. Two years later, and who-knows how many million$$$, we now have the CBP website. Don't get me going... I'm guessing it takes 5 times more $$$ to run the program, than they actually collect selling the stupid $27 stickers. Let's say 5% of all active pilots fly Internationally (high/low?). That means they collect 25,000 X $27 or $675,000. Welcome to the wonderful world of user fees. :wacko:

Tim

We flew to the freeport (stayed at pelican bay hotel) then abaca islands, bimini and the berry islands.....we landed on each island and saw am mutch as we could in the time we had.It was a really nice trip.

Not sure if they have changed things or not but you have to go to customs on each island and show them your transire sheet and they stamp it and ask you how long you will be one the island. Every time we left freeport we had to file a flight plan with the tower then call them and confirm your plan before you could leave freeport.

Lots and lots of paperwork every where we went.

Scenery out of this world...the opposite spectrum of page...."water" and lots of places to land!

50 minute flight from fort lauderdale florida

Archived