Digiflight Issue

mocfly

Over the last few flights the gyro readout has not agreed with the compass until after shutting down and restarting. I have re read the manual and can't seem to find the answer to why this is occuring.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, when you say "doesn't agree with the compass" this is because the TruTrak is receiving data from the GPS and the ground course or "Track" is being displayed and not the magnetic course. While flying you should see "TRK" in the upper left of the display. After turning the TruTrak on and allowing it to boot up while stationary and before taxi, the TruTrak displays "HDG" in the upper left which indicates magnetic direction is being shown. Taxiing above 10kts, and as long as the A/P is receiving data from the GPS, the display changes from "HDG" to "TRK" and the A/P should display "TRK" during flight. TT recommends that the A/P be powered on after start up but before taxi to orient the gyros so that it displays and functions correctly. TruTrak also has a forum where all questions are answered. http://trutrakap.com/forum/index.php

Hi Chris, when you say "doesn't agree with the compass" this is because the TruTrak is receiving data from the GPS and the ground course or "Track" is being displayed and not the magnetic course. While flying you should see "TRK" in the upper left of the display. After turning the TruTrak on and allowing it to boot up while stationary and before taxi, the TruTrak displays "HDG" in the upper left which indicates magnetic direction is being shown. Taxiing above 10kts, and as long as the A/P is receiving data from the GPS, the display changes from "HDG" to "TRK" and the A/P should display "TRK" during flight. TT recommends that the A/P be powered on after start up but before taxi to orient the gyros so that it displays and functions correctly. TruTrak also has a forum where all questions are answered. http://trutrakap.com/forum/index.php

In speaking to Lucas at Sun-n-Fun he recommends to set the gyros for at least 30 seconds prior to taxi.

I've had several problems with my digiflight. After learning to reset the gyros (hold knob in for 30 sec.) while stationary before flight I have had nothing but good luck and great performance. Hope this helps.

Archived