Lemo Plug Wiring Issue

Adam

New Plane, CTLS, One of the Lemo Plugs (Pilot Side) has an open mic wire. When you press the push to talk on the stick and talk the audio you speak does not transmit nor do you hear the feedback in the ear. You do hear the radio and can converse with co-pilot. Headsets plugged into the regular portable jacks work just fine. There appears to be an open mic wire to the pilot side lemo. Field mechanic can check for me but it's not clear to us in the wiring schematics where the lemo plug wiring goes from the back hat shelf. Can anyone articulate where the wiring from the lemo on the pilot side goes? Is it running direct to the PM3000? (If so what input pins?) Is it paralleling off the standard plugs? (if so where?). The schematic page that shows the PM 3000 pin inputs does not state where the Lemo's are supposed to connect (Are they in headset 3 or 4 position? Are they parallel to headset 1 or 2?) I do not see the word Lemo anywhere in the drawings. Hard to check continuity of the lines with no schematic reference.

Hi Adam,

They must have worked at one time. Have you tried switching headsets or even a completely different headset? The wires do go to the PM 3000, but I don't know which ones. I bet this turns out to be a bad connection. Have you tried checking the settings in the radio setup?

Hey Roger... It's the lemo plug wiring. I suspect it never worked. Brand new CTLS right out of the crate from Germany.

[ Just as an fyi, I also had a wiring issue at the entertainment switch (that switches between XM audio and Aux audio Input). That problem was a mis-wired switch. Someone didn't know their poles from their throws on the 3P2T Toggle switch. That problem is now resolved and the entertainment is now working fine. ]

Now, back to my Lemo Plugs: When you plug either of my headsets (I have Bose 20's) into the co pilot lemo they work fine (problem is not the headset). Either headset plugged into pilot lemo you can hear, you can talk intercom between pilots but you cannot transmit audio out through the Garmin (dead carrier only no audio, no feedback into headset, aka "open mic wire"). When you take the same 2 headsets and plug them in using the 1/4 inch portable phono plugs everything works fine (open mic wire isolated to pilot side lemo plug and its wiring). The wiring to the lemo plug on the pilot side is done incorrectly (or its a bad jack). I need the schematic (or just the knowledge) for where the lemo cable goes. I assume it goes to the PM3000 but I'm not sure which pins (not sure if they are parallel to headset 1 and 2 or are they being used in headset 3 or 4 position.

I thought someone in the forum might "know" how the Lemo's are wired. I'll have my field mechanic give FDUSA a call to see if one of them knows...

Well... Not to answer my own question or anything... Thought I'd share the attached 2 PDF's from Bose which tells a person more than they ever wanted to know about Lemo plugs! Figure 3 on "Lemo2" is a good diagram showing how most Lemo's piggyback onto existing jacks. (CT's are no exception, they piggyback off the main pilot/co-pilot jacks) For those without Lemo plugs (panel powered headset jack) this kit is available from many avionics and pilot supply shops for about $35.00 each.

Lemo.pdf

Lemo2.pdf

Archived