4 CT'ers show up in Benson, AZ in style

Roger Lee

Hi Guys,

Here is a picture taken by Tim Greer (CT4ME) at a restaurant in Benson, AZ where we met for breakfast in one of our weekly fly outs. We are in a 1955 Dodge Cornet. 3 speed on the column, pull the choke to start, bench seats for 6 and huge steering wheel.

post-3-0-49071800-1338508446_thumb.jpg

It is Benson, AZ airport's courtesy car. It is different to drive. Hec the young guys don't even know how to roll down the windows. No buttons to push. Just that funny spinning handle. Young guys don't know how to choke an old engine either. (They must be GA guys!biggrin.gif)

Hell of an FBO courtesy car... One of the aviation magazines publishes a pic each month of an airport courtesy car... I read so many I can't remember which. This PIC would be a no brainer to publish! You should submit it. I read AOPA's 2 mags, Plane and Pilot, Flying and EAA's mag. Has to be one of those!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep and the Tucson CT fliers (of which there are 6) ride in it on a regular basis. Come on down and join us. We have hangar space and fly on over to Benson with us a drive the 1955 Dodge Coronet, 3 speed on the column, bench seats and a pull choke to start. Of course for the young guys we'll have to teach them hop to roll down the windows the old way with a handle. tongue.gif

Archived