decals

You might try hitting the back of the decal with spray adhesive available at craft stores. I used it for attaching templates to metal parts when building my Sonex, and the stuff once it sets is VERY strong. Until then it's kind of gummy and will let you shift the decal a bit to get it exactly where you want it.

Just make sure to remove the decal from the plane to spray it, you don't want that spray getting on things other than the intended target.

• 4 months later...

Roger Lee and Tom Covell did a nice demo of the sticker/decal process at the last Page Fly-in. Tom had just re-done his whole plane. Using pictures of the plane, the design was done and previewed on computer. You might contact them for more information. I guess the whole thing can be done by most sign shops or "car wrap" place.

tim

• 3 years later...

Suppose we were wanting to replace decals/stickers due to them being scratched off or difficult to read.  Where can we find a template for the Parking Break and Flap Control for the CTLS that we could use to make our own?

I ordered mine from Flight Design USA see below.

Brian,

Yes, we do. We sell a laminated sheet of placards for $10. It includes all of the placards for the throttle quadrant and other misc placard for around the cabin (trim indicators, fuel level, etc.).

If you would like to order one please let me know. I can ship it out today.

Best Regards,

Mat Fortin
Flight Design USA
860-963-7272

I ordered mine from Flight Design USA see below.

Brian,

Yes, we do. We sell a laminated sheet of placards for $10. It includes all of the placards for the throttle quadrant and other misc placard for around the cabin (trim indicators, fuel level, etc.).

If you would like to order one please let me know. I can ship it out today.

Best Regards,

Mat Fortin
Flight Design USA
860-963-7272

Thanks Brian - will contact them

Suppose we were wanting to replace decals/stickers due to them being scratched off or difficult to read.  Where can we find a template for the Parking Break and Flap Control for the CTLS that we could use to make our own?

7-26 of the CTLS AOI manual has most of the placards, but some are low quality. I should ask Arian for a scan of the vinyl sheet!

• 3 years later...

Can anyone enlighten me on whether the warning placards on the panel need to be in a specific place?  The LSA, spin, and BRS warnings are the ones I'm referring to.  I was hoping I could print some custom ones out and get them onto the right side panel instead of their current location on the left.