Engine mount droop

My CTSW has had a hard landing in the past. Wheel to gear leg attachments were replaced. Gear legs inspected and re-used.(all done at FDUSA). However, since the event, the spinner has been level with the top of the cowl. I cannot find the spec for engine frame alignment anywhere. I have the specified amount of washers (5 each) at the firewall. Is it advisable to trim the mount with washer adjustments? I've made a similar query to support@fdusa, but I thought I'd poll the group wisdom here too.Thanks, Bill ps: yes, it was me that made the hard landing. Had water/ice in the sub fin... about 2 gal ! now, prefight includes poking the drain holes with a pipe cleaner.

Hello, not sure why no one has answered your post but ill tell you a little about what i have found out.

My Ct was total loss and i had most of the carbon fiber work done by omposite technologies in merritts island florida. I did all the engine work and found out the washer issue seems to be different on each plane. When you go to page and see all the ct's you will see that many of the nose cones all sit at different angles. Until you have replaced the engine mount and all the other components on the front you dont notice the nose cone angle. Some of the cts climb better and i assume most of the time its the prop but i would be willing to bet some of them need more or lesss washers. My firewall was pushed back 8" and then repaired. So im quite certain mine could not be perfect but does just fine. Good Luck

MAck

Thanks, Mack.

Paraphrasing what Dave of FD said, the mount replacement is subjective. Some adjustment can be done with washers. Evidence of bending damage is the sockets where the rubber mounts

are get bent to oval. I won't be making Page this year, it falls when I have a chute repack due. Plus I did a long XC this summer, to Boston and back. I will adjust washers at this year's annual.

I have carefully examined the firewall, there is no evidence of composite damage.

Archived