Tecnam P2008 Turbo

markmn

What seems to be the case is that we can see lower rpm & fuel flow for a given speed - so with the price of fuel over here I tend to look to cruise between 105 & 110 kts - which I get with about 4500rpm and ~17 litres/hour

I tend to fly with two up (neither of us elfin thin) so with enough fuel to go somewhere we are usually at or very near max weight which does have an appreciable effect for a given power setting.

I think 130 kts is a tad optimistic - vne is 145! Next time I'm out I'll just see what we can get straight & level with prop in full coarse and the throttle fully open.

Certainly the -12 flaps is advantageous though.

Prop at full coarse will limit RPM / Power / Speed.  Your fastest setting will be where you get 5,500 RPM and WOT

Full coarse and WOT sounds hard on the motor.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prop at full coarse will limit RPM / Power / Speed.  Your fastest setting will be where you get 5,500 RPM and WOT

Full coarse and WOT sounds hard on the motor.

Yes, you are right of course - the best speed will be achieved when the optimum power output from the engine is coupled with the greatest thrust from the prop.

Generally we don't fly fully coarse - we find one or two notches away from that gives the best performance - remember I'm usually looking for the best "economic" cruise.

Best speed is found at lightest weight, 7,500', 5,500RPM, WOT, vents closed, flaps reflexed

Polished and waxed airframe, wheel fairings on, 400-4 tires, properly trimmed, dry standard temp day :)

I'm sure there's more!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived