Aborted Take-off

Ed Cesnalis

Hi Ed,

No one ever told CPS to use fuel injection hose. That decision was made by the old CPS and the new CPS just followed along. The new CPS was informed a long time ago that the fuel injection hose doesn't fit well and has to be forced on and that it can cause mechanical damage. I tried to get CPS, FD along with myself to buy a 550' roll of Gates Barricade hose and split it, but neither accepted my offer. I too used the fuel injection hose at first and found it unacceptable to push over the brass hose barbs. I ask everyone including here on the forum under the maint. section to switch and not use fuel injection hose. Some followed that suggestion and others didn't. I don't make CPS policy or orders. I have only given them good substantial info and it's up to them to make the change.

When people look at something they think will be better (fuel injection hose), in practice it isn't.

Hi All, I was unsure whether the rubber change was neccessary until I came across a very tight hose in the fuel line, I pulled & twisted & the hose actually broke, leaving a short piece on the fitting.

When I examined it , the rubber at the break appeared hard & the fbre reinforcement must have deteiorated to enable a clean break. I do not believe that a hose in good condition would actually break,

I completed the rubber change thankful that it was a requirement. I have 36 hours since & no hint of any problems.

John,

Perth, Australia.

Archived