Update on LSA rego in Oz

Duski Don

G'day All,

Seems that all us LSA registered CTs in Oz are/were not exactly legal.

There is no standard for in flight adjustable props on LSA registered aircraft in Oz (OK on general aviation rego)

So I am now the proud owner of an Experimental (factory built and LAME maintained) aircraft.

I've had to put an E in front of my rego numbers and EXPERIMENTAL placards in the cockpit.

But at least I've still got my in flight adjustable.

Best regards,

Duski Don

G'day Karl,

Can't answer your query authoritatively.

My aircraft has an in flight adjustable and I had to provide photos showing an E in front of my rego numbers and conspicuous "EXPERIMENTAL" stickers.

I now have a 'Special Certificate of Airworthiness' (issued by CASA) and my rego is now E24-7545.

Whether this applies to constant speed propellers, I don't know.

Best check with CASA, RAAus and/or the Oz distributor for Flight Design

Good luck mate,

Duski Don (Briggs)

It may depend on what country you are in. I think you are correct however, if the E-LSA goes outside of the Light Sport definition (including the definition of "complex") it will fall under a different certification, or end up uncertified and therefore unairworthy. If I understand the rules down under, they can fly the air adjustable prop planes from europe under their rules - therefore it may be possible for them to a different prop setup than we can use.

Sorry for the confusion Don and myself are located in Australia

We are allowed factory fitted variable pitch constant speed propeller

Our CT come with -12 flaps and we can also have a rotax 914 as an option

The constant speed propeller FD uses is a Neuform prop

I'm trying to find out if there has been any changes to the ruling on this seeing Don had to change his registration to experimental

Karl

Archived