Rotax magnetic plug check and 5 year rubber parts

Roger Lee

Hi Jacques,

Those little short hoses at the site gauge can come out, but it is a true pain. A hole has to be drilled in the fueslage between the wing and fuselage. The wings need to come way out, but not completely off to do this. The clamp must be cut or drilled off. They used a band clamp and not a screw clamp. Then you have to make sure your hole is big enough to get a screwdriver or socket in there to tighten a new clamp. There is a service instruction out on this, but this could also cause some issues depending on who and how the work is done. The installation of this hose was poorly thought out. I would bet anything the rubber hose was attached to the metal tube first then pushed up the "A" post with no real though about how to change it.

09 02 10 FD Manufacturer Approval CT2kCTSW hole in root rib.pdf

Roger, thanks for the heads up regarding buying the carb kit from CPS. I support all the shops that keep CT parts on hand. They are our lifeline and need to stay in business so we have a source for parts and service needed to keep our planes flying. I've purchased from all shops in the U.S., including CPS, and all are good to deal with. Leading Edge is the closest shop to me that offers Rotax repair and parts. My last purchase was oil filters and spark plugs from Leading Edge last year while I was at Oshkosh. They were selling the filters and plugs at good prices and had free shipping to anywhere in the U.S. Thanks to you too for posting that SB from FD regarding drilling the hole to access the "A" pillar fuel line hose clamp. I had seen this previously but had forgotten about it. Question about this clamp. Can you use a dremmel with a very small diameter grinding wheel or ball tipped bit that fits thru the new hole drilled in the header to cut thru the clamp so it can be removed to allow the hose to be pulled off?

Hi guys

one side done....after drilling a half inch hole as per the approval, I was able to cut the clamp with a Dremel.

some pictures here

before

after .......yellow arrow is the half inch hole

and the bootom end of tha tube in the A frame

post-112-003787200 1298264346_thumb.jpg

post-112-039874300 1298264355_thumb.jpg

post-112-073942300 1298264373_thumb.jpg

Jacques, thanks for the pics. How did you get them? Obviously you aren't taking them thru the drilled hole because that is in one of your pictures. Did you put a bore scope thru an opening in the upper fuselage to take your pictures? A couple more questions:

Is that the pitot tube in one picture? If so, caution is necessary not to nick this when grinding off the clamp?

Is the recommended distance in FD service bulletin of 50mm for hole location correct or does this hole need to be placed differently to match up with the clamp location?

Where was the last picture taken and what is the aluminum body with a barbed tube? Is this where the fuel line comes out of the cowl to feed the carbs?

Roger's right, this definitely looks like a PITA!

Hi Dick

How I get them..? I used a camera :-)

seriously, the camera was is the hole where the fuel gauge is. (wings off of course.)

This is the right side, so yes it's the pitot tube. It's not in the way at all

The 50mm (2'')distance didn't work for me it's more 1 3/4'' AND 1 1/4'' below.

so, you have to figure that out. I drilled a couple a small pilot holes first.

You're right..the last picture is the cowling side of the tube in the A frame

PITA..not that so,,, finding the 7.5 mm tubing is [ at least here )

the writing on this tubing is

WURTH RPK - DIN 73379-1 7,5 x 3,0 - 2A-33/04 >NBR/CR<

so, it's made by/for Würth. I have contacted the local Wurth dealer and the product is 'available' but.....in 10 meters roll.. one and a half meter is enough for the plane

so, anyone ( in Canada) wants to share a roll ?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived