April 2012 CTLS For Sale!

Adam

Ok, God gave me lots of money so from time to time I do silly things... Like this:

10 months ago I took delivery of N764AC, a brand new CTLS with dual Dynon 10" Skyview, Tundra, LED Landing, Lithium Ion Battery, MSRP was $161,200, I paid $152,400 cash.... Plane is S/N 11-11-05 with a build date of March 2012 and a delivery date of late April 2012 (see photos). This plane only has 40 some odd hours on it.

Now, the crazy part...

I am the proud holder of the 25th and final 25th Anniversary "Jubilee Edition" CTLSi build slot. So, I decided that I had to have one which means my 10 month old toy can be yours for $122,400 ($30k off new, delivered price, $40k off list price).

Attached are some pics / videos of N764AC in action. Feel free to email aec1964@excite.com - Adam

Plane is based at KHHR, 2 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. Fly into LAX commercial, get picked up in the Ferrari, fly home in N764AC, Oh yea, don't forget to hand me a cashiers check!

post-124-0-55172400-1362711936_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-03516700-1362712025_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-63525700-1362712073_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-51734200-1362712313_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-04781900-1362712373_thumb.jpg

The car is much faster! Unfortunately for the car (and the pilot) it cannot fly... Or disobey speed limits and stop lights and rise above Los Angeles traffic jams! The CTLS gets better gas mileage, moves in three dimensions pretty good and is able to walk on water (or at least fly over it).

Gbigs: CTLSi was not an option when I ordered, was not announced until just before I took delivery. I had an option to wait and pay more, decided I didn't want to be the "first guy" flying one... I would be content with my CTLS given the low hours I fly. What got me was the "Jubilee" edition. FIgured what the hell, I'm all about little custom touches and limited edition things... There are plenty of people out there who simply cannot aford 160's to 170's for the CTLSi... but can stretch to 120's for a CTLS with only 40 hours on it. Always a market for newer low mileage toys!

Tim: Thanks for the assist!

I was told estimated delivery date was late September, early October... Last plane I ordered took 10 months. I'm told they are getting caught up to the backlog. I'm not concerned, I'm mentally prepared for 10 months! I'm looking forward to getting it whenever it comes! Now I just need to think about N-numbers. My biggest question now is can I have the new Garmin com and skip the SL40... I was able to get the new Dynon ADSB option, like to have the new Com too.

UPDATE: Tom Peghiny said to me in an email this morning (I had inquired about the new Garmin com) that "when they build the Jubilee's they should be using the new Garmin com" which to me is a sign the Jubilee's while all slotted, have yet to begin the build cycle. That would tell me any aircraft due for a relatively short delivery is most likely a standard CTLSi. They can build 5 a week, so 25 planes equals 5 weeks of production, guessing the Jubilee's are a summer production for a late summer early fall delivery. (but I'm guessing).

Good luck with the current delivery date. Awesome that you have a partner to share the costs with:). I'm curious how the radio install works. Since the GTR is a little taller than the SL40, does FDW have to recut the panel locally to fit it? I too opted for ads-b unit so I can do without the XM. In fact I ordered it with a 795 since I don't need XM.

I have a Terrafugia Transition (the car-plane) on order (airframe #9) and likely won't take delivery until late next year at the earliest. In the meantime, I decided (yesterday) to buy a CTLSi. From what I read here, it looks as though I could be waiting 10 months if I ordered next week?!? Can anyone tell me if that's the case? I'm curious what the current wait time is.

If the wait time is that long, I may have to bargain with you @adam. My only issue would be the getting the plane across the country to NH!

I've put a order in for a ctls early June 2012

It had a original delivery date on it of late December 2012

The latest delivery date my dealer tells me is June this year no set date so far

That wil make it 12 months if it makes June

I'm in Australia and sea freight out of Europe can take up to 6 weeks

Jeremy Van Der Sluis is a commercial pilot, and a CT ferry pilot. He flew my first CTSW from Florida to Los Angeles, then spent a day doing transition training with me. He has flown many CT's cross country. There is also a CFI here in LA that would love to fly my CTLS from LA to NH. Not hard to find a willing pilot with ferry experience to go cross country in a new CTLS. Many forum members fly cross country in their CT's.

Here is a link to Jeremy's website (second guy down). He wrote the book "They are all trying to kill me" (exploits of a CFI and the many things students have done over the years).

http://www.aftii.com/instructors.html

Here is a link to Jeremy's book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Theyre-All-Trying-Kill-Instructor/dp/1403354243/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362873463&sr=8-2&keywords=they+are+all+trying+to+kill+me

I have a Terrafugia Transition (the car-plane) on order (airframe #9) and likely won't take delivery until late next year at the earliest. In the meantime, I decided (yesterday) to buy a CTLSi. From what I read here, it looks as though I could be waiting 10 months if I ordered next week?!? Can anyone tell me if that's the case? I'm curious what the current wait time is.

If the wait time is that long, I may have to bargain with you @adam. My only issue would be the getting the plane across the country to NH!

Happy to ferry a CT cross country and provide transition training. I have about 1400hrs teaching in CT's now, over a 1000 in the LS.

With your long lead times, Dynon's radio may be out by the time the avionics go into your new plane. I know it has been delayed some time, but Dyon claims it will have some neat features tied into the Skyview system. It will have a separate display about the size of a business card and the actual unit will be remotely mounted like their other modules.

I'd love to have 2 (or potentially 3) large Dynon screens and no other boxes or gauges sticking out of my panel... That day is coming! The Garmin 796 is much easier for flight plan / autopilot due to its touch screen programming. I find the Dynon moving map requiring use of the joystick to be a little tedious on the ground (and wouldn't try it for anything other than direct to or nearest when in the air). So while we are ordering up my dream panel I'd like to add in touch screen operation for all 3 of my future Dynon panels!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you forum members... Posting a plane for sale here yielded a sale in a few weeks. Could have sold the plane many times over. Price it right, it sells quickly... Congrats to the McGee's on their newest family member!

Archived