Courage

Ed Cesnalis

They call themselves "Athletes".

I would use the word daredevils.

No doubt some of both. I've got to see Dave Barlia demonstrate his athleticism here locally doing a number of things. Even on a snowboard Dave demonstrates an uncanny awareness of his body when in free fall and translates this ability into many different disciplines.

One reason they are daredevils is that is where the money is, they are funded by Hollywood as stuntmen.

In case you missed it, it was the kid jumping off of the dock that was demonstrating courage. Courage is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Courage exists outside of warfare, and can be lacking within warfare.

In case you missed it, it was the kid jumping off of the dock that was demonstrating courage. Courage is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Courage exists outside of warfare, and can be lacking within warfare.

Don't even compare the two.

A bit off topic here, but some claim anyone in the military is a hero - a) what does that make the soldier that sacrifices themselves to save others in battle, and B) if everyone is a hero doesn't that mean none of them are? (People say that the guy who discovered blood in his boat in Boston and called 911 was a hero...I guess I have no clue what a hero is...what did they expect him to do??)

• 2 months later...

Archived