Harmony IFR?

Has anyone flown the Evektor Harmony ? How does it compare to the CTLS in terms of comfort and performance. I ask because it seems to be the only S-LSA that can be purchased certified for IFR flying... unless I am wrong? Although IFR is not my main concern, it would be nice to be able to legally fly through a layer if it is necessary.

I hope this is not inappropriate for this forum,

Larry

The other way to fly legally in IMC (IFR is already approved for the CTLS) is to drop the plane into E-LSA which was 1/2 the reason I made my CTSW E-LSA. This obviates the prohibition in the FD AOI against flying in IMC. The occasional thin layer or low vis is about all I would dare though. No static dissipation, anti-icing features, lightning strike protection. The plane isn't safe in serious IFR conditions I think.

• 3 weeks later...

At this point I do not have to worry about sport pilot restrictions in that I have my class 2 medical and am a Commercial Pilot/CFI. So finding an LSA that can be flown in "soft IFR" is a priority. Thus far the only one I see on the market is the Evektor with the new Harmony as the most tempting. Truthfully I prefer the CTLSi but apparently there is no intention of trying to IFR certify the plane. And, I do see the point that a main limitation is the issue about anti-lightning and static dissipation. So, what to do? The Harmony does not have much of a user base (at least not here in the USA) so that is another downside.

Archived