Anyone have an operating manual for a CTLSi?

Adam

Bruce is a retired airline captain (Hawaiian Airlines), he is also an A&P (to work on his plane). While he has every rating known to man kind he is not a flight school and so for insurance purposes cannot act as one. Since this flight I have done a few hours dual in a Stearman over here stateside just for fun. Although I remain a Sport Pilot (by choice) I have been fortunate to fly many great kinds of airplanes over the last 10 years. I have stick time in everything from 172's, 182's, Cirrus SR22's, Cessna Caravan's, all the way up to King Air 350's. Last week I flew a King Air 350 across the midwest (charter, but I got to sit right seat and fly for a few hours with the pilot) Lately I have been contemplating bumping up to Private Pilot and adding a taildragger rating. I really really really want to build and fly one of these:

• 7 years later...

Yes, here's mine.  I printed both pages, and had it back-to-back laminated.  This is what I use prior to takeoff.

The second file is something I use on every flight, recording the airport info, as well as having the inflight checklists. The embedded Excel file in this uses KSUS as the home airport, but of course it can be modified.  I use a new one on each flight, and have it on a clipboard.

These aren't official checklists, although I did compile them using the POH as a reference. 

Andy

N822SS Checklists-a.xlsx Flight12.pptx

By the way, I've had conflicting info on best glide in various documents.  Contrary to what I have on the checklist, 0 degrees flaps and 78 knots is in the POH.  Next time I print the sheet, I'll likely use that.

Andy

4 hours ago, andyb said:

By the way, I've had conflicting info on best glide in various documents.  Contrary to what I have on the checklist, 0 degrees flaps and 78 knots is in the POH.  Next time I print the sheet, I'll likely use that.

Andy

It depends on the age of the documents.

CTs built after 2012ish had the new numbers printed in them. Per Dave Armando,  Flight Design retested their aircraft with more accurate methods, and changed the numbers in the AOIs of the new aircraft.

To go back and amend every single airplane's POH would require a lot of work, and of course, money.

This is somewhat common in aviation, and even aircraft to aircraft of the same type can perform slightly differently.

Just experiment and find your aircraft's best performance numbers for normal flight, write em down on a cheat sheet, and as long as you obey betty's warning of STALL, you'll be fine.

I believe 73 is the -6 flaps Vy for >2012 CTLS(i). Someone with one will have to chime in.

19 hours ago, Anticept said:

It depends on the age of the documents.

CTs built after 2012ish had the new numbers printed in them. Per Dave Armando,  Flight Design retested their aircraft with more accurate methods, and changed the numbers in the AOIs of the new aircraft.

To go back and amend every single airplane's POH would require a lot of work, and of course, money.

This is somewhat common in aviation, and even aircraft to aircraft of the same type can perform slightly differently.

Just experiment and find your aircraft's best performance numbers for normal flight, write em down on a cheat sheet, and as long as you obey betty's warning of STALL, you'll be fine.

I believe 73 is the -6 flaps Vy for >2012 CTLS(i). Someone with one will have to chime in.

Looking thru FDUSA website poh/aoi documents, the data is 11ish vintage. Looks like forum  FD regional sales/maint sites have dated posts as well. Thanks for keeping this site active all.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...