What can we do better?

Hi All,:D

Well our board has been in service for less than two months. It went public June 16th. We now have 119 members and over 800 post. Unbelievable :D. We owe the absolute success of this forum to each and every member :). Each one of this boards members has a stake in our success and we need to continue in a fashion that will keep you and any future members happy with the direction of the forum and its content. The success of any forum is never due to one person, but the sum of its members.

With this thought in mind the administrators and it's members would like to have input as to how well we are doing up to this point and if there is anything that you might like to see changed. If you're happy with the forum so far then that's what we would like to hear so we know it's members are happy with its performance and content. All thoughts and comments (good or bad) are welcome. If you have a thought on a change think about it and try to give us a positive direction or solution for your idea. If you aren't comfortable with a public comment then you can send a PM to one of the administrators which can be found down at the bottom of the main page where it says "The Moderating Team". If and when we receive a comment on a wanted change and being a democratic board we may put it up to a vote.

There is no conflict here between buyer's, seller's, board ownership or any LSA pilot/owner and everyone is welcome and free to post, learn and and enjoy yourself on this forum.

This is not "One Man's Ink", but the sum of its members ink.

I would encourage all of you to spread the word of our forum and recruit members that either fly CT's or LSA because we will grow in our education and knowledge as we incorporate more input from the experience of others and experience positive forum growth.

So let me take this opportunity to thank each and every member on this board in making it what it is today and I'm sure what it will be in the future.

Thank You All,

The Admins :wacko:

Roger, this forum offers a place where anyone interested in Light Sport can come for accurate and factual information or to offer information. There are members here who also are members of other forums and the "hands on" advice and information they (you) provide in these forums is invaluable The thing that sets this forum apart from other forums is that ALL light sport owners are welcome here. I enjoy talking to Remos, Jabiru and all other Light Sport flyers and owners when I go to fly-ins or other airports. I think that by putting out the welcome mat to all who are interested in Light Sport, regardless of manufacturer or name of aircraft one might own, and by offering the unique information which you and the other experienced members provide us, you and the others who run this forum should see the number of members grow and see this forum become a top forum for Light Sport.

Dick Harrison

CTSW Owner

Belleville, Mi.

This is a really great site and I don't have any changes to recommend. I find this a comfortable place to chat and ask questions - that was a reason for moving to this forum from another. Thanks for all your efforts.

PS. It's great that the previous poster was able to type the word 'Remos' without using SHIFT-8 all the time! ;)

Thanks for the comments.

We can and will get stronger and be better poised to help every one if you all will let the others on the other forums know we are here and invite them over. Some people on the other CT forum, Sport Pilot or any other LSA forum don't know we exist. Spread the word and let's build not only the member and post numbers, but our continued knowledge base from all the pilots out there. Many minds are far better with the hundreds and possibly thousands of years of combined experience we bring as a large informative forum.

Keep any comments or suggestions coming.

Thanks to All that have made our forum what it is today.

I think getting the word out and attracting new/would be LSA owners and sport pilots may prove a challenge. A few months ago (can't find the post), the 'owner' of sportpilottalk had the site up for sale (whatever that means). Given the goal of this forum and it's independence from a particular vendor, is there an opportunity to become more of a 'one stop shop'?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All,:D

Well our board has been in service for less than two months. It went public June 16th. We now have 119 members and over 800 post. Unbelievable :D. We owe the absolute success of this forum to each and every member :). Each one of this boards members has a stake in our success and we need to continue in a fashion that will keep you and any future members happy with the direction of the forum and its content. The success of any forum is never due to one person, but the sum of its members.

With this thought in mind the administrators and it's members would like to have input as to how well we are doing up to this point and if there is anything that you might like to see changed. If you're happy with the forum so far then that's what we would like to hear so we know it's members are happy with its performance and content. All thoughts and comments (good or bad) are welcome. If you have a thought on a change think about it and try to give us a positive direction or solution for your idea. If you aren't comfortable with a public comment then you can send a PM to one of the administrators which can be found down at the bottom of the main page where it says "The Moderating Team". If and when we receive a comment on a wanted change and being a democratic board we may put it up to a vote.

There is no conflict here between buyer's, seller's, board ownership or any LSA pilot/owner and everyone is welcome and free to post, learn and and enjoy yourself on this forum.

This is not "One Man's Ink", but the sum of its members ink.

I would encourage all of you to spread the word of our forum and recruit members that either fly CT's or LSA because we will grow in our education and knowledge as we incorporate more input from the experience of others and experience positive forum growth.

So let me take this opportunity to thank each and every member on this board in making it what it is today and I'm sure what it will be in the future.

Thank You All,

The Admins :wacko:

The ratings like newbie, member, advanced and senior are based on the number of otal post by a member. It really isn't important it's just part of the original program set up that no one has ever changed. I think you have to have something like 10 post to go from newbie to member. Then as you post more it will take you to advanced.

• 6 months later...

Archived