Need a new door seal 2007 CTSW

procharger

4 hours ago, Bob737 said:

I need to replace the door seal on my 2006 CTSW. I remember seeing this topic a while back. It appears that I have the two part rubber seal that tears apart with time and wear. Does anyone know of a one piece seal. If so, please provide the supplier and part number.  I was given McMaster-Carr 1120A411 by FDUSA but that appears to be the two part seal. Thanks!

Hi Bob,

This is what I use on my 2006 CTSW.

https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Rubber-Closed-Sponge-Strength/dp/B073QXTCDB

Snug fit and very, very good bond (3M), to your existing channel material.

Before applying, remove the plastic channel and thoroughly strip and clean with acetone or lacquer thinner. After channel is back in door frame, then apply weather seal as desired.

25 foot length will do both doors.

• 4 months later...

I purchased the door seal material from Mcmaster Carr.  Yes, it appeared to be too wide however I crimped it every 1/2 inch all the way around the door and it fit very well.  I was afraid the 1/8" would be too tight.  I just returned from a 62 flight hour trip and the seal worked fine.  It looks nice too.

11 hours ago, Bob737 said:

Yes, it appeared to be too wide however I crimped it every 1/2 inch all the way around the door and it fit very well.

Thanks Bob. When you crimped it did you crimp it fully from top to bottom or just the bottom 1/2 , 1/3? I measured the width of the door edge and it was about 1/16. I would prefer to use this and not return it for the 1/8th. Thanks again. Anybody else?

I did basically what Rodger said.  The door edge composite material on my door varies in thickness so I thought the 1/8" channel might be too tight requiring me to have to pry it open before putting it on the door.  The 1/4" trim material fit snug ns places and was a little loose in others.  I squeezed it on and tapped the edge into the U channel and squeezed the entire "U" channel all the way around the door.  It lookS fine.  Much better that the original seal that I had removed.  The tubing was ripped and torn in several places.  I just returned from 62 hours of flying and the seal is still tight.  I have to hold the door shut tight before engaging the door lock and the door squeezes tight when latching.

I saw a door seal on a CT at Tad Olmstead's shop in DeLand, FL.  I understood him to say that it was a new style.  It was one piece "U" with a 1/2" flap excruded off the side of the "U."  I called FD USA and was told to call Macmaster Carr. This must have been a seal the the owner found somewhere else. 

Bob Ryan

When I put on my new door seal many years ago on my SW the door was hard to close and it had that front gap up on the leading front edge of the door that let cold air in. I unscrewed the door hinges and just relocated the screw holes out just a tad and forward. The door plate in the top frame has a steel strip in it. So I put some JB Weld in the old holes. Tapped the new holes and my door was then a perfect fit. No more leaky air and easy to close.

Archived