Southern Appalachian Fly-In?

FastEddieB

We have at least a handful of pilots posting here who all live within an easy 100 mile radius of each other.

If I have the locations right, that includes...

1) Me - Copperhill, TN

2) mocfly - Chattanooga, TN

3) MrMorden - Winder, GA

4) Flocker - Atlanta, GA (from SportPilotTalk)

...and there may be others that I'm missing or who lurk or who may be willing to come from slightly farther away.

I think it would be fun getting together to compare notes, fly each other's planes (or just fly in them), get a bite to eat, whatever.

I don't know everyone's schedules, but let me throw this out:

How about this Sunday at noon at Copperhill, weather permitting. I can shuttle to El Rio for lunch before or after our flights. Maybe Monday at noon as a rain date.

I'm free to travel, so open to other suggestions for location as well. If it works out, maybe we can make it a semi-regular thing.

If interested, respond to this post and let's see what we can work out. Or my email is FastEddieB@mac.com.

There's some 3,200' terrain not too far (field elevation about 1,800'), but any reasonable pattern stays well clear of it.

Much easier than Dahlonega (Wimpy's).

Right traffic for 20, left for 2. Plenty long and well surfaced, but look out for ponies and turtles!

PS - most of my recent landing videos have been at Copperhill.

Hey, guys...

...I'll going over to the airport at 11A tomorrow.

If you need to know conditions there at any given time, call me at 954-383-6040.

Today had haze in the morning, but lifting nicely between 10A and 11A - we'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

If you look at radar this morning, there's rain coming in from the west. Lot's of sun around right now, but just be advised.

If anyone just wants to drive over for lunch, that's cool too. Still plan on being at the airport at 11, if anyone wants local updates.

I can also do tomorrow, but the forecast looks roughly the same.

Fly safe!

Sorry I didn't call Eddie, I got caught up in my own air travel fiasco. Yesterday I took the CT to Lumpkin County (9A0) to have the idle adjusted, and just after I landed the clouds rolled in and opened up. Left the plane there overnight, then drove back out this morning. Never found a satisfactory weather window today, so I'm going to try to get her home again tomorrow.

No problem.

If Copperhill fits in your plans tomorrow, let me know.

And let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks...I think tomorrow is supposed to be like today, if I can get there early enough I should be able to retrieve it...at least it's only a 1.5 hour drive away so I get to sleep in my own bed while waiting for weather (bless wives for shuttling us around!).

If the weather takes an unexpected turn for the better I'll call you and swing by Eddie!

Archived